Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing my first Techno Hunt league. It is not going so well.

A little pre-shoot news: I am sighted in at 60 yards with about a 7 inch group on average. I also shoot with my nephew at a real 3-d 20 yard range. I shoot near perfect at the 3-d range. We shoot through4 inch holes in Christmas trees 10 yards out into 20 yard placed targets = bullseyes. I "x out" almost always.

Now lets talk Techno Hunt. I am at the bottom of the league. I shoot roughly 160s out of 300 possible points. I will "nail" a buck right where it counts and then the computer will register a miss and show my arrow hitting somewhere in the weeds. I'll get a body shot on a bobcat at 35 yards and the computer registers a miss. Completely frustrating. I see others on the leader board in the 250-280 range averaged. Do I have to play like a darned video game, where you miss or shoot high or low, left, right intentionally to score? What gives? What a waste of $130.:angry:

Is this typical for Techno Hunt?

· Catch us if you can!
5,720 Posts
i have had the same problems with the computer not registering, talk to the owner about it they'll get it fixed, damn technology anyway. it is not typical though at all, normally they work perfect but sometimes the sensor starts to go and just needs replaced.

· Registered
2,486 Posts
Its usuall for your arrow to register a litlle bit off but not that much. I would ask them to let you shoot at the practice targets they have and see were your hitting. Im also in a leuge rite now and before i started i sighted in on paper and was dead on. then the computer target was telling me i was hitting 3 inches low and 2 inches to the right so i fixed it and bam, perfect.

· Registered
591 Posts
When I have shot them they have been a little off from time to time but not that much. The only thing that you can do is try to figure out where it is recording your hit and make adjustments from there. They can be frustrating but oh so fun.

· Registered
146 Posts
techno hunt

sounds to me like you like to whine. I have shot this for years and think it is a great training aid and lots of fun. Even is the screen is off, it will be off the same for everyone it is not singeling you out. accuracy adjustments can be made. If it is off invite the shop owner in to watch and see what he thinks, most systems have a remote screen that can be watched from outside the shooting booth. cowboy up and have some fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.