Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been one to buy a new bow every year.

I have owned 3 bows, 1996 Darton, 2010 Bear Attack, 2016 Hoyt Defiant bought in 17 new in box.

The jump from the Darton to the Bear was giant. The jump from the Bear to the Hoyt was big but not as significant. How long do I go from the 16 Hoyt to get a big enough jump?

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Good question. I have 4 bows right now the newest like you is a 2016 I have had several new bows 2019 2020 but find myself going right back to the older bows. My favorite bow is a 2007 Bowtech Commander. I shoot it more then any other bow I own. I will keep trying newer bows but until I find one that shoots better I will stick with what I got. I like trying different bows but.
I think it is a personal thing nothing against any bow it’s just what works best for me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Did you not see the new Hoyt RX-5 with the new tactical peen it's got sticking out? That thing is light years ahead of Mathews and PSE.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I’m still using my 2005 Switchback and it’s still killing deer and as of now I have no plans on switching. Shoot what makes you happy and enjoy these older models.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Good question. I have 4 bows right now the newest like you is a 2016 I have had several new bows 2019 2020 but find myself going right back to the older bows. My favorite bow is a 2007 Bowtech Commander. I shoot it more then any other bow I own. I will keep trying newer bows but until I find one that shoots better I will stick with what I got. I like trying different bows but.
I think it is a personal thing nothing against any bow it’s just what works best for me.
I had an 08 allegiance. That thing was an amazing shooter. 07-08 were great years for bowtech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Did you not see the new Hoyt RX-5 with the new tactical peen it's got sticking out? That thing is light years ahead of Mathews and PSE.
This is clearly sarcasm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts