Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am waiting for my Limbdriver Pro to arrive, give me your oppinion on it. Let me hear it all, good or bad. How is it to set up? Easy, hard? Give me all the details.:shade:

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
as far as i am concerend there is no bad on this rest. its super easy to set up and when you find this out you will not use anything else. good luck on the best rest made.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Terrific rest!!!!!! Works great, and setup is super easy. set you center shot, and hight, mount to upper limb, pull blade down on all the way and tighten set screw and your ready to go!!! sorry if the explanation wasnt the greatest but it is really easy.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I just got one a couple days ago....so far I really like it! seemed like it was pretty easy to set up....easy principle behind it and its very simple yet effective....I dont think you will be disappointed!

·
Registered
24,837 Posts
only thing i wish it had was micro adjust.

besides that its the best rest i ever used. dont think i will ever switch. love the easy set up and the limb driven design makes it easy to repair in the field in the cord happens to get cut.

also no floppy cord to get caught on brush

·
Anti Fanboy
41,520 Posts
I see no disadvantages to the Limb Driver. Some people want total containment but I have found that with the arrow holder I can hold my bows upside down and the arrow won't move.
The rest is the easiest and quickest to set up, very easy to tune to, and can be shot even without the timing cord. Just like a fixed rest. It is a very accurate and durable rest.

Bman.

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
I see no disadvantages to the Limb Driver. Some people want total containment but I have found that with the arrow holder I can hold my bows upside down and the arrow won't move.
The rest is the easiest and quickest to set up, very easy to tune to, and can be shot even without the timing cord. Just like a fixed rest. It is a very accurate and durable rest.

Bman.
Yep, what he said.

·
Registered
548 Posts
A great rest...4 of the 6 bows in our house have one...

·
Come on October!!!!
2,986 Posts
It's all been said...When you set it up make sure you do not let the launcher arm slam the shelf, try to keep it parallel if possible. The reason is two fold. First the noise it generates could be excessive. Second, the repeated slamming will loosen up fasteners rather quickly. No better rest out there and I hope they keep it simple with no micro adjust. This would add unnecessary cost and I feel the unit would loose it's robust design.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had one on my Katera and really loved it. Sold that bow with the rest on it. Bought a Destroyer and decided (really don"t know why) to try a different rest.Less than a week latter I bought a Limbdriver for the new bow!!

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Wonderful rest especially if you use the rubber arrow clip. Only down side, I can't figure out how to kill the noise of my carbon arrows drawing across the launcher blade. I've put all kinds of stuff on the blade with poor results. The quietest thing I used was moleskin that I got at our local archery shop, but the drag it created threw my shots way off.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Awesome rest !!!!!! Had it on for about a year now with absolutely no problems!! Easy to install abd set-up, complete fletching clearance!!! Its definitely the bee's knee's

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Excellent rest by an excellent company. Easy to set up and tune and works great.

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,811 Posts
Good rest but alot of hype!! No better then anyother rest as long as the shooter does his job.Just my opinion!!!

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. Can't wait to get it and put it to the test.:)

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
I think you'll like it Paul. By not tying into the buss cable you eliminate any possible issues with binary type cam systems.

The only time I've had an issue was when my bow fell from my stand a few years ago. The cord popped out of the limb attachment button but it was a quick and easy field repair ~5 minutes.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
only thing i wish it had was micro adjust.

besides that its the best rest i ever used. dont think i will ever switch. love the easy set up and the limb driven design makes it easy to repair in the field in the cord happens to get cut.

also no floppy cord to get caught on brush
Exactly. If it was micro-adjustable it would be perfect.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I think you'll like it Paul. By not tying into the buss cable you eliminate any possible issues with binary type cam systems.

The only time I've had an issue was when my bow fell from my stand a few years ago. The cord popped out of the limb attachment button but it was a quick and easy field repair ~5 minutes.
That happened to me, too. Now I go through the hole and tie it rather than rely on the burnt end. No problems.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Best rest out there..... As soon as I order a new bow vaportrail also gets a call for a new rest.. Great colors to choose from also.. Company treats a guy/gal like family also.. As for noise I don't know why it would throw a persons shot off.. I use a little piece of electical tape in the center of the blade.. I know many deer and one bear that wish i never did that (silent).. Go buy one..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts