Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
kill'n deer, drink'n beer
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys, I am getting pumped for deer season after seeing my trail cameras! I am making this thread so guys can share there game plan.. here is how it will break down.. tell me what your game plan for opening weekend is...

Bow- My hoyt rampage xt, 55 pounds

Arrow(and broadhead)- easton FMJ, lumenock, 100 grain Hell razors and blood runners. (hell razors for ground blind)

Hunting from what?(tree..etc)- ground blind.

What are you looking for?(trophy,doe..etc)- unless I see 1 of 2 nice, and the monster, just a doe.

if you have pictures of your hit list bucks.. I would love to see them!

I am not hunting this area opening day because I dont want to spook him out early, but this is my #1 hit list buck.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
awesome looking buck!!!
bow: 2010 PSE Vendetta XL 60# 27''
arrow: Easton N-Fused ST Axis 400 and Slick Trick 100's
hunting from: trees
what am i looking for? does and bucks
no pics, all i have to hunt is the local public land..... :(

·
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, public land is harder to decide which buck is good to take. its more if it walks out take the shot. no picking and choosing

·
Registered
766 Posts
My game plan is to go out in the morning, pull the cameras and do a little scouting, and maybe do a little hunting.... haha. Then come back in the afternoon and set up in a draw.

Bow: 2010 athens accomplice 34
arrows: GT velocity xts and slick tricks
Still hunting and spot and stalk.
I need a trophy! preferably a B&C or a P&Y.

I dont have any trail cam pictures of the bucks I'm hunting, but I have some out of the spotting scope.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'll be on a doe mission early and then around mid Oct. I'll be after the biguns. Here's my equipment.

Bow. 2008 Mathews Dxt at 64#'s and 29" draw

Arrows. CX Maxima Hunter 350 with Nocturnal

BTW that's a really nice buck. Hope you get him!

No pics for me either.

Broadheads. NAP HellRazors

Release. Scott Lil Goose.

Double Bull blind and a few stands. Don't ask me what brand.

·
Registered
766 Posts
messed up on some of the pictures...

·
Registered
17 Posts
i got one trail camera picture first time ever using it so i just put it on public land but this is what i got
Bow- Mathews Drenalin at 65#'s 29" draw
Arrows -Maxima blue streak broad head blood runners
Hunting- trees
Looking for- Anything on public land but has to be a monster on private land
trailcampics2011 009.jpg

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Hoyt alphamax32 70lbs
Victory VFORCE on on end a rage 2 blade,Magnus or swhacker and on the other end a green or red nocturnal
Hunting from a summit viper xl or a few loc ons. May try spot and stalk and still hunting.
Hell I'll take anything "out of meat"

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
hoyt alphamax32 70lbs
victory vforce on on end a rage 2 blade,magnus or swhacker and on the other end a green or red nocturnal
hunting from a summit viper xl or a few loc ons. May try spot and stalk and still hunting.
Hell i'll take anything "out of meat"

bacon!!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I will be hunting at my ranch in southeast Texas which is about a 5 minute drive from my house
Bow- Mission Craze 55#
Arrows- Beaman Ics hunter 400 with Muzzy MX-3
Hunting out of a treesatnd
and will be going after a pretty nice buck, but if a does walks out I might shot her

·
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll be on a doe mission early and then around mid Oct. I'll be after the biguns. Here's my equipment.

Bow. 2008 Mathews Dxt at 64#'s and 29" draw

Arrows. CX Maxima Hunter 350 with Nocturnal

BTW that's a really nice buck. Hope you get him!

No pics for me either.

Broadheads. NAP HellRazors

Release. Scott Lil Goose.

Double Bull blind and a few stands. Don't ask me what brand.
do you have any past experience with the hell razors?? I really want to buy them because I like ground blind hunting and I want a good sharp fixed blade to shoot through my mesh.

·
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im not a big fan of the muzzys, I know there are nothing wrong with them and they are great and everything but I am a big NAP supporter. I think they are a great all around company.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Supplies are in my signiture.

Hunting mostly from trees but will hunt out of a few homemade ground blinds.

First few days I'm looking for nothing but a big MATURE doe to fill my freezer and then I will wait For the big boys or I will just shoot another doe when I'm runnin low on meat.

Have pictures of a few nice bucks, but they arn't really on my "hit list" as I only have like 2-3 pictures of them from different days. I will Just wait for a bigger or older deer to walk by, but I think If one of them would walk by my stand and give me a good shot I would take him.

·
Bone Collector
5,455 Posts
Rampage XT 65, or the Elite bow coming out in September, just depends. Ill be using FMJs with T3s. Out of a treestand. Ill be hunting on public land in the beginning and then one of my properties for gun and late season. Sorry no pics.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Pse Dream Season Evo 60lbs-26.5
carbon force stl hunters -Steel Force sabertooth.
Scott shark release.
Hunting out of tree -Rivers edge hang on or some old LOCONS.

Im after this one.Sorry the one on the right

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
My signature for supplies. Will be hunting out of stands and got two bucks on trail cam that are on my hit lists

·
Registered
971 Posts
do you have any past experience with the hell razors?? I really want to buy them because I like ground blind hunting and I want a good sharp fixed blade to shoot through my mesh.
I'm just trying them this year, but I used Muzzys last year and they worked well. I like the HellRazors cause theres 4 BHs instead of 3. Have you used the Bloodrunners?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts