Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried something new with my camera tonight and I want to see if it works...its a short video of a shot I made...let me know if it works please...:) you may have to copy and paste into browser...

C:\Documents and Settings\xyz\My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\2006-09-08\100_1385.MOV

·
Registered
9 Posts
not working

you are going to have to put that video on a server with a routable IP address for anyone to be able to see it. if your computer is not set up as a web server then it would be esier to use one of the hosting services for something like shareing video over the net
Chad

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
tried it, wouldn't work for me either

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its on my kodak easy share program and i cannot figure out how i get it out of there and into my photobucket account:confused:

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it ended up alot darker once i put it on photobucket...:sad:

·
(aka lug nut)
48,380 Posts
Hey there Troy.

Sent you a pm. Yup, saw the video.
Very nice.

Take a closer look at your follow through.
Don't rush the follow through.

Say focused and keep the "correct" muscles in tension.

Keep that shoulder and specifically the right bicep as relaxed as possible.

When you have the focus correct, the release followthrough will be very short.

In your video, I would say that followthrough was 90% shoulder blade,
and 10% shoulder and arm.

Everything else was perfect.

Overall, very very good.

We will see if anyone else
can pick up the small details
about your new "secret" technique.

hehehehe

:D

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jose Boudreaux said:
I like the click

was that LP light system on a classic scope???
yep thats the LP light...I have had it for a couple years on that scope and couldnt live without it...:)

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nuts&bolts said:
Hey there Troy.

Sent you a pm. Yup, saw the video.
Very nice.

Take a closer look at your follow through.
Don't rush the follow through.

Say focused and keep the "correct" muscles in tension.

Keep that shoulder and specifically the right bicep as relaxed as possible.

When you have the focus correct, the release followthrough will be very short.

In your video, I would say that followthrough was 90% shoulder blade,
and 10% shoulder and arm.

Everything else was perfect.

Overall, very very good.

We will see if anyone else
can pick up the small details
about your new "secret" technique.

hehehehe

:D
nuts, I know what ya mean by the shorter foolow through... I have been experimenting alot lately with different loop lengths and draw lengths since getting this longer ATA bow....I hit a spot 2-3 days ago which yielded me a much shorter follow through and I am trying to get it back to that right now...

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
An observation

The video is great for analysis- good work.

You have a lot of movement between knocking and the draw. In fact I think you moved you feet while rocking back and forth. I try to keep my body relatively still through the whole process. Just an observation, I don't know if it really makes any difference. Any comments? Anything on this from Nuts & Bolts?

CBMac

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cbmac said:
The video is great for analysis- good work.

You have a lot of movement between knocking and the draw. In fact I think you moved you feet while rocking back and forth. I try to keep my body relatively still through the whole process. Just an observation, I don't know if it really makes any difference. Any comments? Anything on this from Nuts & Bolts?

CBMac
yeh all the movement after nocking was just me trying to get lined up for the video....I couldnt see behind the camera because it was on a shelf in my in:wink: :) door range..errrrr garage....

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
drtnshtr said:
yeh all the movement after nocking was just me trying to get lined up for the video....I couldnt see behind the camera because it was on a shelf in my in:wink: :) door range..errrrr garage....

Well, if you can't see the camera... I get it! It was all done with smoke and mirrors. Neat!

CBM

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
Nice video and great from. :thumbs_up

The only thing is that we wouldn't let you shoot at our club until your draw got a little flatter. Don't want arrows through the ceiling.:wink:

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Darracq said:
I have kodak, i just down load mine to putfile.com it is free
Thanks Darracq...yeh I do have a habit of drawing kinda high...I never realize it until I watch the video...my release is set pretty heavy though!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts