Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drew the chill and was extremely impressed with the entire draw cycle. After I got home I decided to do a bit more research on the chill expecting the speed to be a significant increase over my z7. Though I didn't shoot the chill through a chrono the numbers here on the forum seem to be really close to the speed I was getting through my z7. That being said....what do you all think about potentially upgrading, or downgrading so to speak??

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
The chill is good speed, easy to tune and very accurate. Compile that with a very smooth drawing dual cam set up and with the rock mods a solid back wall and it's a killer bow. I own a Chill-R and Chill-X and have owned two Chills because in my opinion it was the best all around bow I have shot.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If you feel that is time to upgrade then by all means do it..... the only thing the chill has going for it over your current bow is rock mods. The chill is quiet but me personally I dont see a great advantage over your current bow. Ive owned the chill for about 2 weeks and got rid of it. Have you givin thought to maybe giving your z7 a facelift. Custom dip ,new threads?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Keep your Z7, upgrade it, whatever.

But I cant explain how good the Chill is, as an 'all-rounder'.

Even without Rock Mods, it out-shoots and out-performs just about everything I have previously shot.

If you love your Z7, but want a 'newer' model, Z2 is the one for you...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm actually just curious on someones thoughts on trading it in. I thought/think the z7 was/is a great bow, but also impressed with the chill in the store. I don't care to have a newer model, I was just curious if the chill is a better bow and why. I feel like if the speed was a significant difference then yes, but right now I'm torn.

·
Registered
206 Posts
In my opinion bows make huge advances in just a couple model years..I have an MR6 that I love..I also like to trade but thought nothing could touch this bow. Bought it new in 2011..fast foward to 2014 the new chillr came out..I thought it had similar specs to my MR6 so no reason to try it. But I picked one up and after shooting it 40 times I picked up the MR6 and shot..HUGE difference. I now own both .I can guarantee the newer bows will be superior to the Z7..I had a Z7 also so im not knocking it but just no comparison..IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts