Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother is driving me CRAZY about ten point carbon nitro crossbow.He wanted me to post and ask questions about the accuracy everyone is getting out of the ten point carbon nitro.If someone could let me know what type of groups you're getting at 50 yards would be highly appreciated. There's not any videos on YouTube with people shooting past 20-25 yards.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Let's be realistic. It's going to be a shooter. As good as anything out there. It will depend on your choice of arrows how good it can be.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Darn few crossbows are not accurate enough. Probably none if set up right. Is the CN worth the money? Only the buyer can answer that.

·
Registered
28,180 Posts
Hopefully by sometime in May I will have first hand knowledge ;) I'm sure it will shoot great though! My storm shot great and I see no reason this one won't either. As mentioned most crossbows will shoot good with the right arrow....its about what fits the shooter the best. I like what Ten Point is doing with the RDT design. I like a small bow and they are putting them out there :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had to run out to North Canton Ohio yesterday to pick up my Travel trailer.. I stopped at Tenpoint's new pro shop call The Complete Hunters Outlet to check out and possibly shoot the new Nitro.. The bow seams very well balanced and shoulders nicely and is really compact. Unfortunately I could not shoot it, due to the youth league that was having a competition at their range.. I'd love to have one but I can't justify all that money for only 10fps faster then my Venom..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Stopped in at Cabela's in Wichita, Ks. yesterday. An outfitter in the Archery Dept. Was helping me with something. I asked him how the TenPoint Carbon Nitro was selling and he said "that must be an old one. We don't sell them". What tha.........LOL.

I then explained it to him.

·
Registered
28,180 Posts
LOL you get all kinds in the big box stores :) Stopped at a Bass Pro mid summer one time and they never heard of the Venom ;)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
My brother is driving me CRAZY about ten point carbon nitro crossbow.He wanted me to post and ask questions about the accuracy everyone is getting out of the ten point carbon nitro.If someone could let me know what type of groups you're getting at 50 yards would be highly appreciated. There's not any videos on YouTube with people shooting past 20-25 yards.
I can only tell you how it grouped at 20 yards when I shot it at 10Point when I did my review. We used Pro Elite Omni Nick arrows. I would not shoot at the same spot on the target. It would have split arrows. It was hitting less than an inch from where I aimed every time!! NAILS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
When I had the opportunity to shoot one my distance was only about five yards, but it was putting them right at POA. Like others have stated, there is no reason the Nitro shouldn't be as accurate as a fine rifle with some yardage.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Yep, carbon barrels are nice on the eyes. This was my Carbon Elite a few years back:)...a beautiful crossbow, I thought.

Attachments

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have shot out to 40 yards and you better not aim at the same dot on the target. I hope to catch a calm day and shoot out to 70 just for fun.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
How's the center serving holding up?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts