Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a brand new titan xtreme limited edition from cabelas that's in the the carbon black finish, it came with the acudraw package which is why it cost a whopping $1001.98. brought it home three weeks ago. it shot great. haven't even shot it 30-40 times. I go to shoot my broadheads through it tonite. I use the acudraw to cock it, and a piece of metal goes flying, string lets out, the acudraw slide slams into my scope and scratches it. NOw the acudraw is useless it just happened tonite, I called tenpoint but of course all I got was a machine, so I left a message, well see what the warranty or the product is all about when I talk to them tomorrow. extremely disappointed to say the least. I make minimum wage, took over a year to buy this xbow. Let yall know how they back up there name!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have several Tenpoint Crossbows. I have found their company-product-staff-warranty to be the best in the business. I am positive they will take care of your problem.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
From what I have heard they have the best customer service in the industry. While I wouldnt be happy things do happen.

·
Registered
20,758 Posts
Sounds to me like you didn't have the sled on the string right and were hung up on the bolt retainer. If that's the case, you weren't paying attention while cranking and when the bolt retainer finally let loose, the sled hit your scope and the flying metal was the retainer. I would almost bet money that you had one or both of the sides of the accudraw cord on top of you scope turrets causing it to lift up off the rail and pull the bolt retainer up and off.

·
Registered
20,758 Posts
Was I right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would have got a response from TenPoint before I got on this forum and basically slammed the company..especially if you broke the mechanism because of operator error..I think a lot of manufacturers read some of the messages on this forum...I,d be cool until I got some sort of reply...:darkbeer:

·
Registered
542 Posts
:embara: :embara: :embara: ???????

·
Registered
135 Posts
it all comes down to never go to big box stores! that was red flag number 1. they don't set them up right at all and then hand them to you. you cant really blame ten point for that.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
For what it's worth, my experience with TP Customer Service has been OUTSTANDING. IMO THEY ARE SECOND TO NONE!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Sounds to me like you didn't have the sled on the string right and were hung up on the bolt retainer. If that's the case, you weren't paying attention while cranking and when the bolt retainer finally let loose, the sled hit your scope and the flying metal was the retainer. I would almost bet money that you had one or both of the sides of the accudraw cord on top of you scope turrets causing it to lift up off the rail and pull the bolt retainer up and off.

I agree. Nice 1st post. Sounds to me like he is trying to cover his mistake by coming on here 1st. I have worked on a ton of crossbows and by far ten point was the brand that had the least amount of problems. Most of those were to put new string on and if the customers had kept the rail lubed most of those would not have been in for service

·
Banned
401 Posts
Tenpoint,and their Wicked Ridge line of bows,coupled with their customer service,is what others should strive to be.
Ive owned a ton of bows in my life,and NEVER had a problem with ANY of their products.
But by their rep,and being quick to address posts on forums...I have no doubt that if I ever needed them,that they would be right on top of things.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I'm sorry, but its a darn shame because the OP has not responded on here since his first post. Probably because TenPoint stepted up and took care of his problem even though it was more than likely his problem and not theirs. COME ON MAN at least follow up with your rant and say THANKS if its in their favor.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You mean the guy that came over from the fishing dept did not go over on how to properly cock your new bow?
AHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!....Nice.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, I just learned how NOT to cock your crossbow if it has a scope on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts