Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Ten Point Turbo GT - Viper S400
2,028 Posts
Yup I called jerry also, I still got some pro elites but wont use them once I get the good ones

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I waiting on order from Jerry. I want to know how consistent they are and just was thinking on the speed tip I wanted to see what 440 fps looks like.

·
Registered
659 Posts
We've tested the Pro-Lites and they were very consistent. We even did penetration comparison testing with them on plywood, and they didn't lose anything when paired against an arrow 100 grains heavier. Not sure what bow you're shooting but I'm leaning towards a 20" - 400 grain arrow as being about perfect.

Attachments

·
Huntoholic
10,796 Posts
I prefer 450 grain and up, their is a big difference in smoothness when you shoot a 400 grain and heavier. Yes you will feel it and hear it shot one after the other.

·
Regohio
17,981 Posts
400+ grain arrows have done me fine for last 15 years or so... I found in the 90s when Light alluminum Arrows were the rage never seemed to get pass throughs! Then when I went carbon and kicked the weight up...PRESTO!

I think a lot of this still holds true?

We've tested the Pro-Lites and they were very consistent. We even did penetration comparison testing with them on plywood, and they didn't lose anything when paired against an arrow 100 grains heavier. Not sure what bow you're shooting but I'm leaning towards a 20" - 400 grain arrow as being about perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts