Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a Stealh SS with the AccuDraw, but want a standard inexpensive rope cocker as a primary cocker\backup. I plan to use the AccuDraw only when the rope cocker is not practical to use, in the stand, etc.. Is this going to be a hassle? Will I need to relocate\move the Accudraw claw to use a rope cocker? Thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
That is a very good question that I also have! I like to use the rope cocker when not in the stand and a 'backup' is important.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
The othe option is to pull the claw out of its holder in the stock and lay it back towards the butt. There is a groove in the stock that is for a cocking rope right behind the trigger so it works fine...
Wyvern

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hmmmm! Maybe I'm confused (likely), but how can the same rope be used for both of the previously described cocking methods? I really like the traditional 'groove in stock' method but would not that same rope have to be very long to also be used around the butt stock?

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Billy, most rope cockers come with long ropes you cut to length. You couldn't use the same rope in both places, just decide which you like better and cut to length. I have a rope cocker coming with mine as a backup in case the accu50 breaks mid season and I will use the grove in the stock. If I ever have to use it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts