Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has experience with these packs I've narrowed it down and I'm trying to decide between the

9.3 primary interest
Or the 930

Are the packs durable? how is the customer service? Also are they comfortable and how is the warranty. Are the pockets organized and are they well thought out?

Anyone have pics of the inside of the 9.3

I initially looked at badlands but they only have 2 fanny style packs now and the tree hugger is to small and the monster is enormous but I really like their warranty.

Feel to enlighten me to better options that are very similar mid sized fanny packs

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I’ve had the 720 at least I think that’s the size for several years. I wish the main pouch was just a tad bigger but it works as I hunt all day with the bare necessities. As far as customer service I’ve never had a problem with it so I can’t answer that. Not a fan of who owns the company but I’ll use it until I find one that will suits me better.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
They are great packs, I have a 3000 and I cant say enough about it, I will say its one of the quietest packs on the market when in thick brush, your prolly gonna open a can of worms with that question but don't let anyone steer you different, I've had a kuiu (great pack) I own a Kifaru (great pack) and I have a tenzing and its a great pack also, go with one , you wont be sorry.

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tttt

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
One other thing, I have the 720 fanny pack, I think you will love the 9.3 especially being a lumbar pack, I wish mine was you can really put too much stuff in it.

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One other thing, I have the 720 fanny pack, I think you will love the 9.3 especially being a lumbar pack, I wish mine was you can really put too much stuff in it.
Are the main pouches on the 9.3 organized or just a pouch with no dividers or anything?

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are the main pouches on the 9.3 organized or just a pouch with no dividers or anything?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 1250..? that I use for elk hunting. You can put a ton of stuff in it. Also takes a 2 litre bladder. Mine is going on 4 seasons and that says something for the durability. I also have their bino harness which doesn't get much press but works well for me.

2gbl

·
Huntoholic
1,724 Posts
I have both and it is a love hate relationship, first both are well made and should last for years, I love the lay out of the 7.2 and it is big enough for essentials but not so big you can overload yourself. The waist belt I hate, mine anyway, it loosens as I walk and even on short hikes I have to stop and retighten it.
The 9.3 is not as well organized to me, but holds more gear, it has shoulder straps and this is the issue I have with this one, mine makes a squeak while walking! Im sure it only bothers me, but being right by my ear it seems loud, I use the 9.3 most because the squeak bothers me less than having to stop and tighten the belt on the 7.2, hope this helps.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,814 Posts
I'm kinda' in the market as well and curious. Is the material thick & strong? Many packs are vinyl and not durable......I would think these aren't but what are they made of?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm kinda' in the market as well and curious. Is the material thick & strong? Many packs are vinyl and not durable......I would think these aren't but what are they made of?
I'm pleased with my 2220 for a whitetail pack. It seems durable and nice. For something more active than sitting in a treestand I'd grab my Badlands Super Day. Badlands is much higher quality in my opinion but for treestand hunting I like the 2220 layout better.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have both and it is a love hate relationship, first both are well made and should last for years, I love the lay out of the 7.2 and it is big enough for essentials but not so big you can overload yourself. The waist belt I hate, mine anyway, it loosens as I walk and even on short hikes I have to stop and retighten it.
The 9.3 is not as well organized to me, but holds more gear, it has shoulder straps and this is the issue I have with this one, mine makes a squeak while walking! Im sure it only bothers me, but being right by my ear it seems loud, I use the 9.3 most because the squeak bothers me less than having to stop and tighten the belt on the 7.2, hope this helps.
I have the 9.3 as well. Mine did squeak also. I took a dead down wind dryer sheet and wrapped it around the strap that is inside the pack and just slightly through the top of the pack. It is the strap rubbing on the pack that makes the noise. The dryer sheet fixed it!

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Up.

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Up.

·
A.K.A BuckChef
4,121 Posts
I'd love to see the inside 1500 THE CHOICE TREESTAND PACK, I have a Badlands pack and really like it, but that Tenzing has my attention. Wish I could checkout out more.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts