Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for everyone to share their experience with this bow shop and Michael. Tell your story about Michael and your bow, brag a little :D Also post pics of your sweet set ups by him! Tell the public all about Terminal Velocity and Michael. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
TVArchery

Great shop!!! Michael is an awesome tuner and string builder. Has a head full of archery knowledge. Shop is loaded with bows needing new homes. He has 10-12 Sentinel's in stock. Hoyts have arrived and are stacked to the ceiling. If he doesn't have it he can get it in 1-2 business days. Really cool archery shop and good folk.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Micheal Deck of Terminal Velocity

My name is Chris Saylor , And I am PROUD and LUCKY to have been asked
by Micheal to represent Him and His Shop in Competitive Archery.
I met Micheal and Gretchen 2yrs ago and have'nt looked back , Micheal has a
GREAT bunch of Guy's and Gal's on His Shooting Staff including My Best friend
Jared Neal AKA "Hardcor-nut" , We can never say it enough
Thanks Micheal Deck for what you do ,
Also thank you Gretchen for putting up with Jared and I LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I took a bow to Michael two years ago and asked what a "Supertune" involved. He looked at me like I was "touched" and stated "There is no "Supertune", a bow is either in tune or not!" My reply was, "I like this guy!" Since then the "Supertune" has taken on a life of its own. Michael has treated my wife and I like gold. I consider Chris, Jared, and Pat to be good friends of mine; and Gretchen is an angel for all that she tolerates!

Michael has my wife's bow right now and once again is treating us better than we deserve. I'd go to the mat for this guy!

Although Mike doesn't have time to read all of this crap, whomever sees him next, let him know that Heath and Julie appreciate the opportunity to wear his shirt!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the great words everyone :D

Now start posting up some pics! I will be posting my finished bow up later today... :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What kind of strings does he use or does he make his own? Also does he have a long waiting list also?
He custom builds his own strings... Waiting list should not be that long... :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are some more reviews, everyone needs to start posting pics! :darkbeer:

Michael is great.. I know him Personally and have been dealing with him before he really got started.. Michael is very good at what he does It just may take a little while as Walk in's get first attention...

NJBB
I sent him my GTO and was MORE than pleased with the results. Plus he's a really nice guy to deal with. Will definately be throwing more business his way and reccomend others do as well.
Excellent guy great to deal with
michael is an awsome guy. he does get busy but still takes the time to answer quastions and help you out anyway he can. i have had an iron mace a gto and an 82nd tuned by him all bows came back smoother quieter and faster than when they left here. my gto was shooting 312 at 70/29 when michael got it when it came back was shooting 325 same specs. he will be setting up an alien for me as soon as he gets a 70# all camo one :shade:
Well worth the wait , You won't be disappointed.
Well I put a lot of faith in him, by driving all the way to Chillicothe, 1428 miles :mg:round trip. I left very happy and would highly recommend him to anyone who has archery pro shop needs. I left with a Sentinel that was shooting @ 29/60 300gr 324.:D You will not be disappointed, he knows his stuff and he is a great guy. :darkbeer:
Your bow is in the hands of a master!

Rest assured...he will get you taken care of! :)
I've learned nearly everything I know about tuning a bow from him!

There are only a couple of other guys that are as good as Michael, but NONE are better! He can be hard to get ahold of because he's busier than all get out, but it's worth it.
In my many years of archery , Michael is the only guy that has tuned my bow sent me home to shoot it and I have never had to mess with it at all!! I just shoot it!! In years past I would get my bow home and have to put it my press and play with the draw length or whatever but no more. All I have to tell Michael is what draw length I want and he will set it up to where the cams are perfectly tuned at my draw length and it's always dead on. One thing about Michael is that he is a perfectionist and he is very passionate about what he does and that is to get a person into the right bow for them and set it up perfect for them so they can enjoy the sport of archery.
Terry Jr.
I can say honestly from being there daily and tinkering at the shop on my bows. That your bow will be in the hands of one of the best tuners in the business. He is passionate about archery and is a perfectionist at what he does. He is busier that a one armed paper hanger. But the cat knows bows plain and simple. Has a 4-6 week waiting list but the finished product is worth the wait. Uses only the best materials when building strings. Yes! Im a hommer because he is a good friend of mine. But he would still work on my bows even if we where not friends. Because he is just that good plain and simple. Bows come out of his shop 10-20 fps. faster just from being tuned properly and put into factory specs. He makes it look easy. Michael works hard to get the finished result that you exspected from your bow. That much I can tell you.
Michaels strings are top of the line, absolutely no doubt about it.

His shop Rocks!!
Michael is a stand up guy and AWESOME at what he does!

I had him work on one of my bows late last year and the finished result was phenominal !:shade:

He is without a doubt one of the TOP 3 in the business!
Just got back from Terminal Velocity about an hour ago. For me its about a 8 hour round trip and its the 3rd time i've been there. Everything that you read about the man is true as far as being a perfectionist and passionate about his work. Yesterday he had a few guys from one of the New England states there and he worked on their bows till 12:30 at night. :mg: My friend and i are already discussing getting a room next time we make the trip to break up the long ride. He makes your strings on site and they are topnotch. He is a asset to the archery industry and will work on my bows as long as i'm able to shoot!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
He has my vectrix xl as we speak, I had it powder coat black and new strings I will post a pic when I get it, It should be done any day he said he was working on it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Michael is great at what he does. He will talk with you for Hours if time allows him to. Like I said before I have been dealing with him since before he built the shop in his house..

I have bought 6 bows from Michael and will continue to buy more from him as long as he is in business...

NJBB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts