Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my Mathews' Creed and Im already itching to buy its replacemnt.....I found dealer that has a couple E32's and E35's in stock so Im gonna head out tomorrow and take some shots with both of them to see what I think. I've shot Mathews' for the last 10yrs or so....so anything different is prob. gonna feel weird at first, but for some reason Im really drawn to the Elites....I have to shoot one. Is there anything I should look for on the Energy's ( i.e. problem spots on the bow)? What should I expect compared to my Creed? Hand shock, Quietness, Speed, Draw Force...compared to the Creed? Im gonna take some of my own arrows to shoot... GT XT 55/75's ( 375gr total weight) and GT XT 75/95's (398gr total weight)...Ill be shooting both 65# and 70#....

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
Everything will feel better except speed will be a little slower.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Expect the best finish available(kolorfusion,powder coat base) with a super smooth draw,rock solid wall with a valley that would make the grand canyon jealous!!!!!Quite vibe free,with a super solid hold on target.

Nuthin else to look for,plus the grips are amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Dont take my advise,just shoot them and you will see.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Lots of "he said she said" shoot a elite,hit the bull and forget the bull [email protected]*?!!!!!

If you can slam X's and have a super smooth draw,solid wall and great let-off with a steady hold and a factory finish thats in another league!There aint much else to look for imo.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Cam lean :behindsof:happy1:

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Lol ^^^^^ my pulse if any lean(didn't check after bear shafts/fletched and field point and broadheads touched) oh and bullet holes that would make gun guys envy!

If a cam leans but shoots through paper fine and groups broad heads and FP the same poi,is tgere sumthin else a bow needs to do?

Not a fanboy at all(owned more bows the last 5yrs than most,but if a bow hits were you aim do you need to just have sumthin to make excuses for poor shooting?

Most look for excuses in poor form/shooting.Others try to match there bows repeatability,after all all bows tuned and put in a shooter will do tge same shot after shot.So...It might just be poor shooting and the ability to blame ones equipment instead of the lack of ability's?

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Fat fingured my phone!!!!!

But really guys most will never keep up with any bows ability to do the same shot after shot minus the human shooting.

We can have pissin matches every day,all day.But don't blame your rig on your poor shooting!

Never seen a QB blame a football for a interception?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I shot the new Creed. I found the draw to be smoother on the 35 and the 32. The 32 was a little stiffer, but still smoother. The wall on the Elites rock solid. The 32 and 35 doesn't want to take off at draw. I felt no vibration on the shot withe the Elites. Shoot them. I didn't plan on buying an Elite. I shot them all and the Elite 32 was best for me.

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
(PROBLEM SPOTS ON THE BOW)Be sure to check both limbs for graphics. I walked out with one that had none on the bottom, and now seem to be having trouble getting those replaced. I guess you have to check EVERYTHING these days. Nice shooting bow though.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
draw back and shoot a couple with eyes closed, just feel it....see how you like the grip and overall feel drawing and after shot....

GL

·
Roll Tide
2,687 Posts
From shooting the 35 a little bit...I've found it favors weight in the back to steady the pin float. You can shoot it without weight back there, but I personally found it likes a backbar. It reminds me of a C4 in how it holds and needs weight in the back. It is smooth, but not as smooth as some of the other binary cam bows I've shot. I don't think its smoother than the Pure or a Strother Moxie or Hope. It is quiet FOR AN ELITE bow...Elite bows have a distinct sound to them from what I've experienced. This one is quieter than the others but at the same time, not as quiet as some other bows out there. The draw cycle TO ME, feels like it is stiff in the front but transitions well into the valley. I personally don't like the super letoff feel to the Elites, so I have mine rigged to more around 70% letoff. As for looks...I don't think I've owned a bow with as good of a finish on it as the E35. I'm simply in awe at the look of the bow.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I was very disappointed in the finish on all the bows the shop had. I have had and have several Kolorfuison bows and none of them looks like Elites. It like there is lines in the finish maybe stretch I don't know.If you look at all the close up pictures of this 32 for sale you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
look for a sale, as most who have shot them usually end up buying one...

·
Registered
444 Posts
I shot them both and drastically preferred the 35 over the 32. After feeling out the back wall on the 35, I've rulled out the chillr. Now it's between an energy 35 and a CS30 as my next bow

1 - 20 of 57 Posts