Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are three pro shops in my area and none of them have bows set up for test shooting. The bows don't have arrow rests installed, nock sets or string loops. Is this unusual, or do most of you guys find that the shop is happy to set up a bow so that you can give it a try? Will they do this for three or four bows?

·
Registered
697 Posts
any shop worth buying from would be more than happy to let you shoot a bow before you buy it. if they won't let you test drive, head down the road!

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
won't hurt to ask.....just tell them what you are looking for and put a BIG whad of monopoly money in one front pocket :teeth:

unfortunately all the shops here have 70lb limbs on all bows.....I crack a rectum just pulling back 60 :embarasse

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I didnt know there were shops that wouldnt let you shoot a bow before buying. That is rediculous. Just dont be one of those people that shoot everything on the wall. Pick the one you like. Then go buy it from the internet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
bobclem said:
any shop worth buying from would be more than happy to let you shoot a bow before you buy it. if they won't let you test drive, head down the road!
Ditto.

unfortunately all the shops here have 70lb limbs on all bows.....I crack a rectum just pulling back 60
ROFL!! :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
The shop I go 2 Calls me when he gets new bows so we can come over & give them a test drive & he's more than happy to do this 4 a potential cutomer. :smile:

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
We have one dealer that sells Hoyt. the only dealer around that sell them. I wanted to try one but they won't let you. So I said see ya. Funny because alot of guys say the same thing and none of them will buy one from him. Losing alot of potential business in my opinion

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
bobclem said:
i wouldn't buy anything without trying it

·
Bowhunter
5,209 Posts
One shop in my area won't set up for me. But the owner's bow was what I wanted to try out (Allegiance). Shot his - set up exactly for me. Joked about taking his bow..... Would have bought it, except I was happier with the Switchback - which he did not carry. I would not buy a bow without shooting it first, nor would I buy from someone who would not let me shoot one first. That's part of the service of buying one.

Earlier I had gone to a shop 1 1/2 hours away - shot 4 different bows. Bows were waiting for people to test with rests already on - used a taped on match stick for a sight pin. He did not have the Allegiance, which is why I went to the local guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts