test

653 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  pacnate
test

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Test, what's this, anyway I wanted to see if my picts came out, (First time submitting a picture). My thread was to be "POOR MAN'S BOW PRESS", I made this thing several years back, some alum round stock for ends, covered with rubber for limb protection, drilled holes through round stock, put in "eye" bolts, couple of chains and turnbuckle. Can't be used for split limbs. The chain has to be small enough to slide between a limb. This thing has worked for years with no damage or scratches to my bows. Some DIY presses I have seen look like the limbs could spring loose and get ya!

· Registered
1,036 Posts
on your press if you would replace the bolt with 3/8 boly bolts you could press split limb bows ,, no problem .

every archery should have a press like this either store bought or home made and
when the bow travels the press should go along for the ride . i to made mine
back in the 80's
TS2

· Registered
1,619 Posts
My dad made one just like this except he used steel cable and made loops for the alum stock to go through once you put the loop through the limb hole. I'll try to get a couple pics....Only problem is that his won't work on some bows with a cable rod in the way. But for his bow, it works great. My Pearson Advantage won't work with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.