Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone had gotten the fas pack and what they think about it? Only seen 1 independent review on YouTube which seems odd thought guys and gals would jump all over this pack?

· Registered
23,063 Posts
??

· Shootin and Cussin
27,312 Posts
1. Make it 100% in the USA out of bombproof & durable materials I question the validity of this statement.
2. Make it infinitely modular and user-customizable Like every other top end pack on the market.
3. Make it simple & minimalist but with BIG capabilities Like every other top end pack on the market.

· Registered
73 Posts
1. Make it 100% in the USA out of bombproof & durable materials I question the validity of this statement.
2. Make it infinitely modular and user-customizable Like every other top end pack on the market.
3. Make it simple & minimalist but with BIG capabilities Like every other top end pack on the market.
I think you raised some valid points. I have no plan to purchase the pack at this time.

· Registered
3,238 Posts
I have gone through a ton of packs over the last 25 years. I think that they have created the best bowhunting pack on the market (and I'm not a saddle hunter.

I thought it may be a little small but once I tested it I felt much better. I have not hunted with it yet but I have loaded it for an all day unt including a lone wolf custom gear 0.5 using only one compression strap and the bottom handle. It works great. Camera, arm, food, water and my first lite Solitude jacket.

The best part are the side pouches /pockets. They add a ton of space and in a very usable way. I can fit everything that I need access to while setting up and hunting in those pockets(minus food and clothing). It is minimalist but with more than enough storage. I was running a kifaru Shapecharge before and really liked that pack but this one is going to the woods this fall. It's also comfortable (I'm not a big guy, 5' 7" 145)

Bag Basket Art Font Pattern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,605 Posts
It makes zero sense to carry any weight any distance without a waist belt and at least an minimalist internal frame to transfer weight to your hips.

If you are carrying such a light load such a short distance that you can do so with a flimsy (but cool looking) pack without any structure or waist belt....then you might as well buy a generic school backpack from Walmart because it'll be almost as good and save you a couple bills.

· Registered
5,282 Posts
It makes zero sense to carry any weight any distance without a waist belt and at least an minimalist internal frame to transfer weight to your hips.

If you are carrying such a light load such a short distance that you can do so with a flimsy (but cool looking) pack without any structure or waist belt....then you might as well buy a generic school backpack from Walmart because it'll be almost as good and save you a couple bills.
Agreed. My wife bought me a Huntworth Lodi pack for christmas last year. Less than $100 (on sale for $54 on Huntworth website currently). It's a good size backpack, well made (not in USA), and has lots of straps/webbing/compartments to attach and carry various things. It works great for short pack-ins with my saddle and can carry my platform on the top/back and my sticks on the bottom. It even has a built in rain cover that zips into a compartment on the bottom.

For longer day hunts I use my Oregon Pack Works Orion/Rogue pack that is made by a small company in the USA, has a fantastic waist belt, good modular design, and aluminum stays to help distribute the weight. I can also use it as a meat hauler.

· Broken, Beat, & Scarred
6,504 Posts
I have gone through a ton of packs over the last 25 years. I think that they have created the best bowhunting pack on the market (and I'm not a saddle hunter.

I thought it may be a little small but once I tested it I felt much better. I have not hunted with it yet but I have loaded it for an all day unt including a lone wolf custom gear 0.5 using only one compression strap and the bottom handle. It works great. Camera, arm, food, water and my first lite Solitude jacket.

The best part are the side pouches /pockets. They add a ton of space and in a very usable way. I can fit everything that I need access to while setting up and hunting in those pockets(minus food and clothing). It is minimalist but with more than enough storage. I was running a kifaru Shapecharge before and really liked that pack but this one is going to the woods this fall. It's also comfortable (I'm not a big guy, 5' 7" 145)

View attachment 7786286

Love my wolfpack, had many, many before it, this one is a winner!

· Registered
4,605 Posts
Agreed. My wife bought me a Huntworth Lodi pack for christmas last year. Less than $100 (on sale for $54 on Huntworth website currently). It's a good size backpack, well made (not in USA), and has lots of straps/webbing/compartments to attach and carry various things. It works great for short pack-ins with my saddle and can carry my platform on the top/back and my sticks on the bottom. It even has a built in rain cover that zips into a compartment on the bottom.

For longer day hunts I use my Oregon Pack Works Orion/Rogue pack that is made by a small company in the USA, has a fantastic waist belt, good modular design, and aluminum stays to help distribute the weight. I can also use it as a meat hauler.
Nice, i'll check out oregon pack works....my current favorite is the mystery ranch scree

· Registered
5,282 Posts
Nice, i'll check out oregon pack works....my current favorite is the mystery ranch scree
The Good: Super nice packs, wonderful materials, very comfortable, excellent customer service and warranty.

The bad: A bit expensive and the owner has had a lot of setbacks since 2020 not being able to get certain fabrics and finding sewing machine operators. He does a lot of government contract work also, so he focused on that more during all the Covid stuff.

I worked with him through Backcountry Hunters back in Oregon.

I had a Eberlestock X2 and wanted to like it, but it just wasn't comfortable.

Reactions: raisins

· Registered
81 Posts
Love mine… rides high and doesn’t rub my saddle… has platform and sticks on outside… inside small kits for med/overnight … 32oz water binos puffy jacket and food… side pockets calls small fixed blade gloves knit hat 2 headlamps…
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
5,980 Posts
I have one on backorder. Sounds like they have started to ship!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,860 Posts
I really like mine. I load it down with “whitetail” stuff including sticks and saddle platform and never once though it was uncomfortable. Not designed to pack out 40+lbs. I like the layout and room available in a small footprint. Perfect for my style of hunting. I’ve tried a bunch of packs over the years and this is my favorite favorite for my needs.

· Registered
3,238 Posts

I've run hang and hunt set ups like this for 15 years. With heavier stands I've always worn a pack with a belt. This stand weighs only 5lbs and with the profile of the pack is not that far from your body. I don't like the stand on my back and it's always been more comfortable for me to have the stand on the pack. Fully loaded this is under 25lbs.

Personally I prefer more weight on my shoulders than my waist/hips. I feel it in my hips much more than the shoulders

This pack does have an internal frame with aluminum stays. It holds this load 1000x's better than any cheap packs and just as good as some of the more expensive ones. I've ran them all at some point.

· Registered
4,605 Posts
I've run hang and hunt set ups like this for 15 years. With heavier stands I've always worn a pack with a belt. This stand weighs only 5lbs and with the profile of the pack is not that far from your body. I don't like the stand on my back and it's always been more comfortable for me to have the stand on the pack. Fully loaded this is under 25lbs.

Personally I prefer more weight on my shoulders than my waist/hips. I feel it in my hips much more than the shoulders

This pack does have an internal frame with aluminum stays. It holds this load 1000x's better than any cheap packs and just as good as some of the more expensive ones. I've ran them all at some point.

Hmm...everyone's different here. I prefer around 80% of the weight on my hips and the shoulder straps are mostly there to keep the pack from tipping off my body.

After reading a few comments here, I realize it sits high and has no waist belt in part so that it doesn't interfere with wearing your saddle in. I'm not a fan of walking in with a saddle (and the saddles I use aren't minimalist so walking in with them isn't as easy).

· Registered
5,282 Posts
Hmm...everyone's different here. I prefer around 80% of the weight on my hips and the shoulder straps are mostly there to keep the pack from tipping off my body.

After reading a few comments here, I realize it sits high and has no waist belt in part so that it doesn't interfere with wearing your saddle in. I'm not a fan of walking in with a saddle (and the saddles I use aren't minimalist so walking in with them isn't as easy).
Same here. My shoulders and upper back get stiff and sore quickly if I'm using a pack with no waist belt. Much better to have the weight on your hips and the shoulder straps just keeping the weight close to your body for balance.

Reactions: raisins

· Registered
4,605 Posts
Same here. My shoulders and upper back get stiff and sore quickly if I'm using a pack with no waist belt. Much better to have the weight on your hips and the shoulder straps just keeping the weight close to your body for balance.
yep, it also depends upon where and how far you walk

guys in their 20s that hunt on a private farm and walk less than 0.5 mile on flat land aren't going to understand why a middle aged guy that walks miles in the mountains would want a waist belt and internal frame even for 20 lbs....they'll tell you to do more squats

1 - 20 of 27 Posts