Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can't wait for the opener here in Texas? The lease looks great!!! And how bout these cool mournings we've had? Drivin me nuts. Can't wait to get that first buck into range for the Mathews!!!!!
I live for Michigan to hunt my old stomping grounds in 43 days for the entire month of November. I can't wait. My best friend says theres more deer and big bucks around than he's seen in years!!!! And a heavy acorn crop. I should arrive right in time for the RUT!!!! Anyone going to Michigan this fall?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I live in michigan and cant wait for the opener. It is looking good around here and the leaves are starting to change. good luck this year.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Sir!!!! It's funny how small the deer are here! Even when you see a 3 or 4 year old deer down here thier not any bigger than the old swamp does we have up there LOL. I took a 3 year old 8 point last year down here and it dressed at 110lbs. The piglet hogs out weigh the deer LOL.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Nothing better than hunting michigan in the fall, can't wait for next weekend ot roll around!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Cool mornings...

Yep, been late for work a couple of mornings already, rubbing trees and just watching the sun rise........Good luck to all here in Texas.:wink:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Its getting close. Had ice on the bird bath this morning and the grass was all white from the frost. 31 degrees. I have two ladder stands set up and I've got all kinds of acorns and the deer have been hitting them pretty good. Now just waiting for opening day.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
CR_Switchback said:
Yes Sir!!!! It's funny how small the deer are here! Even when you see a 3 or 4 year old deer down here thier not any bigger than the old swamp does we have up there LOL. I took a 3 year old 8 point last year down here and it dressed at 110lbs. The piglet hogs out weigh the deer LOL.

And what part of Texas were you hunting? A few years back, ok several years back, I took a respectable buck near the Panhandle.

Hill country deer are small bodied.

South Texas deer are decent bodied, but they make up for the body in antler size.

Good luck - either state - hope you bag a big un.

·
Registered
409 Posts
they mabey a little smaller than the rest but just as much fun to hunt and the eating is awsome everybody knows that texas has the best BBQ!!!!:RockOn: :RockOn: :banana: :pepsi:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts