Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only 4.5 days left, I can hardly think about work!
Friday after lunch I'll be on the road to San Saba, TX, can't wait!

:darkbeer:

·
Registered
817 Posts
I know how you feel goin to school everyday 7 hours from home and ready to get in the stand. I will be headin to brady thursday mornin...any other texans in here

·
Registered
205 Posts
i get out of school at 10:00 on friday and i'm heading out as soon as possible...
if all goes well i should at least get a doe cause they have been hitting my mineral lick 30 yards from my tree hard...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1.5 days left.......
SWEET!

I guess I should pack my stuff up since I leave after work tomorrow....
(Regular clothes that is, all the hunting clothes are packed up in airtight containers that just need
to get in the truck.)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Heading to Bell County tomorrow a.m., get the last minute things taken care of and will be on stand Sat. a.m.. Sure wish rain hadn't crept into the forecast!

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
bring it on, i'm ready! :darkbeer: :thumb:

then again, been hunting hogs for a few months. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
394 Posts
tx deer season...

Heading out to Albany tomorrow afternoon...can't wait!

·
Registered
518 Posts
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I had a minor surgical procedure done last week that will keep me out of the stand this weekend. AND, it is supposed to be around 55 degrees Sat morning! That is REAL nice for Texas weather in early October.

However, I will be in the stand by 6:00 am next Saturday..........

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I had a minor surgical procedure done last week that will keep me out of the stand this weekend. AND, it is supposed to be around 55 degrees Sat morning! That is REAL nice for Texas weather in early October.

However, I will be in the stand by 6:00 am next Saturday..........
You should go sit in a ground blind then!
I know I am, I had my ACL fixed 2.5 months ago and no way am I able
to get up a tree or ladder stand with confidence right now.

·
Registered
518 Posts
You should go sit in a ground blind then!
I know I am, I had my ACL fixed 2.5 months ago and no way am I able
to get up a tree or ladder stand with confidence right now.
Wish it was that easy. It is a shoulder issue. Can't draw my bow for 7 more days.......thankfully, it is not my right shoulder that I use to draw the bow.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wish it was that easy. It is a shoulder issue. Can't draw my bow for 7 more days.......thankfully, it is not my right shoulder that I use to draw the bow.
ahh, bummer!
At least it is only a week off instead of the whole season.

Heal up quick!

·
Registered
152 Posts
we leave in the morning to setup camp and enjoy a day of camping before the season starts. I haven't been able to sleep for two days i am so pumped, other than the 85 degrees on Monday they are forcasting it should be a great time

·
Registered
785 Posts
Dang Deer

Well I decided not to Hunt opening morning this year. due to the fact of the wall they built in the middle of I-20 ever since they built it for the last 2 years there have been no deer coming through the back of my land, so this year I decided not to waste the money on corn, and my little food plot. had nothing but ***** last year, then this morning Oct the 1 I walk out of my house @ 5:45 and there in front of my house stands a doe and best I could make out a buck, he was futher away and looked like I though I could make out 2 more deer, the wife said WOW and I said a few cuse words, and its been on my little mind all day, I may go down and scout to see if I see any sign if I get home early enough. other than that its will be Oct the 16 and I head for Brushy Hill ranch in Sabinal :cry:

·
A Man for All Seasons
2,713 Posts
a little down

as for me I have to work this weekend. So I am disppointed but I look forward to later this month.

Good Luck Texans!

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I'll slip thru my creek in the dark Sat morning, hoping i don't run into a rattlesnake.

I will watch the sunrise from a tree stand, and i can't wait!!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The truck is packed!
All I have to do is get the food out of the fridge in the morning and put it in the cooler, work at the salt mine for a few hours then take off after lunch!

Life is good!

PS - Moose364, I'd be down there bright an early Sat. morning!
:thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 31 Posts