The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail is headed to Banana Bend Bowbenders on March 12 & 13 for the 2nd South region qualifier for 2011. Banana Bend will have a challenging 30 target course set for your fun and enjoyment.
10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced. Speed and equipment will be checked.
We have several new classes for 2011.
1. Semi Pro and Open A class will be combined at the STATE LEVEL. The new class will be called "Men's Open". This class will be all UNKNOWN distance with a 45 yard max. At national Pro/Ams Semi Pro shooters will shoot in the Semi Pro class and Open A shooters will shoot in the Open A class.
2. Known 45 and Known 50 class will be combined at the STATE LEVEL. The new class will be called "Men's Known". This class will be all KNOWN distance with a 45 yard max. At national Pro/Ams K45 shooters will shoot the K45 class and K50 shooters will shoot the K50 class. This class is open to amateurs only. Professional shooters from any organization are NOT eligible to shoot this class.
3. Master Senior Men's Open class will be open to any male shooter that is 69 years of age or older.* This class will be all UNKNOWN distance with a 40 yard max.
* Senior Class age requirements are based on the age of the competitor as of December 31st of the current year.
The following classes have been added by the Texas ASA Federation with permission from ASA.
1. Women's Traditional - This class will be shot 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown with a 20 yard max. We will award a Texas ASA State Championship buckle for this class. Texas is the only state that will have an ASA Women's Traditional class. We hope that the success of this class in Texas will encourage ASA to add this class at the national level. SOY competition will be determined by participation.
2. Men's Pro Class - We will hold pro competition at selected shoots. This class with include all men professional shooters (Men's Open Pro and Men's Senior Pro). We will award a state championship buckle for this class. Shooters must qualify for state. There will be no SOY competition for this class. There will be a Men's Open Pro Class competition at Banana Bend.
3. Women's Pro Class - We will hold pro competition at selected shoots. This class is for women pro shooters. We will award a state championship buckle for this class. Shooters must qualify for state. There will be no SOY competition for this class. There will be a Women's Pro Class competition at Banana Bend.
Here are the known distance classes, unknown distances classes, and 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown classes for 2011.
Bow Novice and Women's Hunter will now be ALL KNOWN distance.
Men's Open, Senior Open, Super Senior, Master Senior, Unlimited, Limited and Women's Open will be all UNKNOWN distance.
Open B, Open C, Men's Hunter, Women's Senior, Young Adult, Youth Boys, Youth Girls, Traditional, Women's Traditional, and All Eagle classes with be 1/2 Known Distance and 1/2 Unknown Distance.
If you are in a KNOWN distance class or a 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown class you MUST have a range finder. If you do not have a range finder we will assign you to a group that has a range finder. Yardage sheets will be supplied to shooters that shoot from the Yellow, Green and Orange stakes ONLY.
We have a new 3 region format and new Shooter of the Year rules for 2011.
*New 2011 Shooter of the Year RULES *
1. SOY ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for SOY, the shooter will be required to shoot in a minimum of 4 shoots in any single region. The shooters 4 best scores for that region will be submitted for SOY nomination. Shooters MUST have a valid ASA number to be eligible for SOY.
2. The shooter with the highest four score total in each class eligible for SOY from each region will advance to the SOY final competition at the state championship.
3. The shooter with the highest second place aggregate score from the 3 regions (East, West, South) will also advance to the SOY final competition at the state championship. This shooter will be referred to as the "The Wild Card" shooter
4. Four shooters will advance in each SOY eligible class to the SOY final competition at the state championship. One shooter from the East, one shooter from the West, one shooter from the South, and the second place high aggregate finisher ("Wild Card Shooter") from all 3 regions will go head to head at the state championship for SOY. All scores from the regional competition will be re-set to zero and the one day state championship score will determine SOY.
5. There must be a minimum of 2 shooters advancing to the state championship SOY final competition. If there is only one shooter in a class advancing to the state championship SOY final competition there will not be a SOY final competition or SOY award for that class.
6. A shooter may compete for SOY in more than one region, but must meet the requirements listed in item # 1.
7. In the event that a shooter wins two regions that particular shooter would represent his "home" region in the SOY competition at the state championship. The second place shooter in this particular region would represent said region at the SOY competition at the state championship.
8. In the event of a tie in high aggregate score and a tie on 12/14 rings at the regional level both shooters that are tied would advance to the state championship SOY final competition.
9. Although not required by the SOY rules, it is recommended that the SOY finalists shoot on Sunday at the state championship so they may be peered group together.
There will be no Shooter of the Year competition for Bow Novice or Open C.
For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:
Banana Bend has a beautiful range with challenging shooting lanes cut thru thick underbrush and palmettos. Come out and enjoy a great weekend of 3D at Banana Bend.
We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.:teeth: