Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you need a GREAT dealer to purchase from, repairs, advice, or just a nice place to go shoot targets with good people...go to BUSHMASTER'S Archery in Willis, Texas. They are about 4 miles north of Conroe in Willis.

I had a bad experience with rude dealers when I was wanting to order my new bow and so decided it was worth the 50 minute drive to Bushmaster's since he was so polite on the phone to me and SOOOO helpful. He had no problem returning my calls on the "weekend" about my bow, pricing etc. either...which made the deal for me =)...actually it was on a Sunday =0...his potential customers are important to him. He also won our "future" business for our entire family and for tournaments etc.!!!!

Not only did he save me money on my bow, it came in SO fast and EXACTLY as ordered, no issues!!!!! Every promise he made he kept to the "T"...everything happened, timing, and the way he promised it would...actually better! He also was able to order other accessories for us and charged us some less than other places, so saved us money there also.

He is honest, VERY experienced in repair, set up etc...and he is the FIRST person that has set up a bow for me that did it PERFECT and FAST! I was so impressed. I even asked him to wait for me to open my bow box when it came in and he honored my request (my little thang...like opening a present..LOL). He didn't even charge for the peep and gave me a good one! ALSO, I had my own rest and sight and he put those on for me also at no additional charge. All in all, our experiences with BUSHMASTER Archery has been AWESOME!

If you live anywhere within a two hour drive of Bushmaster Archery in Willis, it's well worth the drive there for a trustworthy and friendly dealer that goes out of his way to satisfy his customers!...I LOVE my new Admiral Testorosa!....and he made my experience getting it, efficient and pleasant and made sure I was set up right and OK last night before we left =).

His name is Paul and his number is 936-856-7609. OH and he doesn't try to rip you off with additional charges or shipping either!!!!...that was a HUGE plus for us!!!! I know that if I had to leave my bow for repair or whatever, I could trust it with him...hands down.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Thanks I may visit him soon. What brands does he carry?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He carries Bowtech, Diamond, Elite and many others! He has a lot in stock and can order anything you want I'm sure. He's just one of the nicest people you could deal with...seriously...I feel so blessed to have met him and his wife is awesome too! They shoot 3D and their son (21) is a champion shooter too! =). They are very down to earth, laid back and easy to deal with folks...I'm just really glad they aren't in another state!!!!...although, I'd probably drive there anyway even if they were!..LOL

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another thing about him that is great is this: He'll open his shop even if it's closed, if you need him to for a urgent repair or item. They open at noon during the week and stay open until late nights for people to shoot too!

What area are you in?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Did you have a bad experience at the Bow Zone??? That's alot closer to Atascocita than Willis and Richard usually bends over backwards for customers.

TEXAS

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Another thing about him that is great is this: He'll open his shop even if it's closed, if you need him to for a urgent repair or item. They open at noon during the week and stay open until late nights for people to shoot too!

What area are you in?
Go to Huntsville then Trinity then Groveton. I usally go the Lufkin and Nacogdoches shops but...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Did you have a bad experience at the Bow Zone??? That's alot closer to Atascocita than Willis and Richard usually bends over backwards for customers.

TEXAS
I try very hard not to bad mouth dealers or businesses, but I will say this about the BowZone. I spoke to Brian there and he told me that he'd sell me that bow for 819.00 meeting another's quote. THEN, he added, that in order to put my sight and rest onto this new bow along with the set up, he'd charge me 30 extra bucks. I thought that was a bit strange and so I called back and spoke to another there because Brian was out to lunch. The other guy said "no Mam!!!!...if you buy the bow from us, we'll set it up AND put "your" sight and rest on for free"!!!!....so then I followed by saying that Brian had said it was 30 for that...Brians first words were "typically we charge 30 to set up a bow when someone buys from us"....that was his first comment on the first call. So then this other guy says..."hmmm...ok then...well let me talk to Brian because we have never charged anyone before that I am aware of, to set up a bow OR to put their preowned accessories on for them IF they are purchasing a new bow from us". THAT was when I realized that Brian was taking advantage of me...guessing because I am a woman and he thought I wouldn't know any better. I did call back and spoke to Brian who then decided to be honest and say he'd not ever charged anyone for that before, but had decided to start charging with my purchase!!!!...UGH...that really was offensive to me. He said that he's losing money to sell bows and not charge for the set up because he only makes 100 profit off a bow sale...which I knew then was garbage. SO, hubby and I decided we'd call the next closest place to us...besides one other that was completely RUDE in an email to me before bowzone even....and THAT is when we found Bushmasters.....thank GOODNESS!...LOL. Paul was great...never minded calling me or answering my questions and was HONEST from the get go....AND saved us money that the others were going to charge that they didn't "have" to...they were just trying to make a few extra bucks off of me...and I didn't appreciate being taken advantage of.

So, that's my story...and he's (Paul at Bushmasters, Willis, TX) worth the extra driving time to get good honest service that you can trust. =)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I try very hard not to bad mouth dealers or businesses, but I will say this about the BowZone. I spoke to Brian there and he told me that he'd sell me that bow for 819.00 meeting another's quote. THEN, he added, that in order to put my sight and rest onto this new bow along with the set up, he'd charge me 30 extra bucks. I thought that was a bit strange and so I called back and spoke to another there because Brian was out to lunch. The other guy said "no Mam!!!!...if you buy the bow from us, we'll set it up AND put "your" sight and rest on for free"!!!!....so then I followed by saying that Brian had said it was 30 for that...Brians first words were "typically we charge 30 to set up a bow when someone buys from us"....that was his first comment on the first call. So then this other guy says..."hmmm...ok then...well let me talk to Brian because we have never charged anyone before that I am aware of, to set up a bow OR to put their preowned accessories on for them IF they are purchasing a new bow from us". THAT was when I realized that Brian was taking advantage of me...guessing because I am a woman and he thought I wouldn't know any better. I did call back and spoke to Brian who then decided to be honest and say he'd not ever charged anyone for that before, but had decided to start charging with my purchase!!!!...UGH...that really was offensive to me. He said that he's losing money to sell bows and not charge for the set up because he only makes 100 profit off a bow sale...which I knew then was garbage. SO, hubby and I decided we'd call the next closest place to us...besides one other that was completely RUDE in an email to me before bowzone even....and THAT is when we found Bushmasters.....thank GOODNESS!...LOL. Paul was great...never minded calling me or answering my questions and was HONEST from the get go....AND saved us money that the others were going to charge that they didn't "have" to...they were just trying to make a few extra bucks off of me...and I didn't appreciate being taken advantage of.

So, that's my story...and he's (Paul at Bushmasters, Willis, TX) worth the extra driving time to get good honest service that you can trust. =)

I understand your dilemna. You must of called on a Monday because that's the only day Brian works. He is the owner. I can say had you spoken to Richard first you would have been taken care of. Sorry to hear he treated you that way but I'm not surprised.

TEXAS

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand your dilemna. You must of called on a Monday because that's the only day Brian works. He is the owner. I can say had you spoken to Richard first you would have been taken care of. Sorry to hear he treated you that way but I'm not surprised.

TEXAS
I can understand you saying that just by his attitude...he just doesn't seem to care if he gets any new customers or not. Heck, my calling him at all was a trial anyway after he treated us rudely IN PERSON there the first time we went in there after they had just been open about a year. We walked in, very interested in a Bowtech General and he didn't have one in stock but showed us the Captain, and my hubby was looking at it and asking questions...the guy was answering us and then someone else walked in with a bow to fix and he didn't say "excuse me" or anything...just stopped talking in mid sentence, greeted the new customers and walked over to help them. We both just looked at each other puzzled, and waited like 15 minutes for him to come back to us and he never did, so we walked out and they couldn't have cared less! He bought his General too!...LOL...just not from that place! We dress very nice and actually appear probably the way we present ourselves to have more money than we do, are well spoken and sophisticated I like to think...yet were treated as if we were scum off the streets!!!!...I was shocked. Anyway...I am just thankful I wasn't trapped into doing business there...*sigh*.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paul ordered me some accessories...got them there in less than a week! He also saved me money by ordering for his shop and selling to me from his stock that way so saves me on shipping and I only have to buy from him what I need! Most dealers want you to purchase the entire package and then they charge you to apply the item "and" charge you the shipping, which really you are paying for "their" items to be shipped along with your item too...saving them the shipping...in "some" dealer cases.

Paul is SO honest, he only wants to sell you what you "need"...nothing more. I am so pleased to have found such an honest and helpful dealer...wahoo!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I buy EXCLUSIVELY from Paul. He has a great range for target shooting, and he only charges $2 per arrow for fletching with any type he carries.

He just helped me set up my new admiral wednesday, and i'll be heading there tonight for some more shooting.

Great guy,and a great shop

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I buy EXCLUSIVELY from Paul. He has a great range for target shooting, and he only charges $2 per arrow for fletching with any type he carries.

He just helped me set up my new admiral wednesday, and i'll be heading there tonight for some more shooting.

Great guy,and a great shop
I know!....I'm really happy to have found him and Jan. She is so sweet too...they are a great couple.

So what area are you in?...Do you live in Willis or do you drive there too like us?..lol. He's worth the drive for sure!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts