Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recommendations for outfitters in Texas. I have been before on some affordable hunts in the past but unfotunately have lost all contacts. I was wondering if there are any recommendations for outfitters and/or a site I can visit to find and contact some? Also, is there a "mother of all hunting shows" in Texas each year where I would have the best opportunity to meet some outfitters in person? There is a SCI show in Houst later this month that I may try and attend.
Thank you,

·
A Man for All Seasons
2,703 Posts
look over at texasbowhunter.com. There are some outfitter sponsors there and the rate the day lease forum you might find of interest

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,174 Posts
Yeah what are you hunting, and what's affordable?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to hunt deer, the main focus is deer. I have been before and the license allowed a turkey too, another ranch had black buck. Javelina would be a bonus I guess but I want to deer hunt. Affordable? Depends on whats being offered. I been on 3 day hunts with 1 "guide" for our party. They provided the ranch, sleeping arrangements and drop off / pick up to and from the stands. This hunt cost $1000 per person. Another hunt also provided meals and that was $1500 per person. I'll negotiate that with the outfitter, I know those cheap hunts are probably long gone but I'm sure there are some still out there close in comparison. I don't need a 5 star resort, fancy meals or a message therapist. I don't even care if there is television or wi -fi. Basically, I had a blast hunting in Texas. I would like to take my son and some friends and show them a good time without spending a bunch of money. I'm not after the next Texas record, and no trophy fees. Just looking for some good old fashion fun deer hunting with friends.

Thanks JJhunt and easeup, I'll take a look.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, never would have thought hunting Texas has become so unpopular. I did find a couple outfits on TexasBowhunter.com that look promising, I guess I'll start there.

Thanks,

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,174 Posts
Wow, never would have thought hunting Texas has become so unpopular. I did find a couple outfits on TexasBowhunter.com that look promising, I guess I'll start there.

Thanks,
This is just the wrong crowd for high fence shooting. Try the general bowhunting forum. There are quite a few shooters on there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts