1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Lacking Gravitas
Discussion Starter #1
The latest in Elk calling

... or is it horse calling? :tongue:

LOL - "Head 'em up, move 'em out, move 'em out. Head 'em up, ...RAWHIDE!"

Or mebbe I'm thinking the Bonanza Theme Song! :grin:

RJ
Geez, sounds good to me :). Obviously, she鈥檚 doing an advertising sequence.

Former Wyoming Boy
I've either just had a Vietnam flashback or someone slipped LSD in my Wheaties.
What is wrong with you, Elvis? ;)

My Elk Hunting Home
Wow, you don't see that every day.

In 2015 I had a bull whinny like a horse at me. I wasn't sure if I was chasing a hunter on horseback or what. But after working my way down in this hole I suddenly hear the same thing and look over to see that stupid bull standing on the hillside where I originally called from. We had switched places.:doh: So I took his picture. The date is wrong after changing batteries, but it was September 9, 2015. The only elk I've ever heard with a bugle like a horse whinny. And he was a shooter. The funny thing is......I took my daughter in there this last year with her ML tag and he was still in there. Opening morning......had him whinnying down in his hole, but never did see him and the wind was bad to go after him. That's why he lives in that hole, the wind swirls really badly in there. Even funnier......opening day for ML was Sept 9th this past season. Sept 9th seems to be a good day to get on this bull.

Attachments

Registered
Holy crap, if that doesn't impress you then you're just hard headed! (grin) Simply amazing!

ElkNut/Paul

My Elk Hunting Home
Holy crap, if that doesn't impress you then you're just hard headed! (grin) Simply amazing!

ElkNut/Paul
It's kind of addictive. I had to watch it again. It's very catchy. I might have to try to work some of that into my calling routine. I'm sure the bulls will find it as intriguing as I do.:)

Registered
It's one of those things that when you play it your dogs stand there looking tilting their heads from side to side

Registered
Did you notice at the end of her performance she wasn't out of wind either. I'll bet she could give a Voice Lip Bawl Bugle like no other! (grin)

Mike, I agree, there was a sound or two that would work in the elkwoods for sure but like hell if I could imitate them! (grin) Might have to have her with me!!

ElkNut/Paul

My Elk Hunting Home
I'll bet she could give a Voice Lip Bawl Bugle like no other! (grin)
I guarantee you, if she'd grown up around elk she would have been mewing and bugling through that entire thing. I was mesmerized as well and googled her. There's another video of her doing all kinds of animal sounds. Not much impresses me, but this really did it. Maybe it's the animal instincts and the mating ritual she's portraying.:embara: I think I've figured out what part of the world my genes originated from.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts