Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i know why im not seeing deer! i have talked to the property owner and told him that because my stuff is on his property that not only are these kids disrespecting me, but they are disrespecting him too. he agrees and will have a long talk with his grandson about it.i think im gonna wait til it gets to cold for these kids to be out before i hunt this property again, i may just pack up and leave this property all together. what would you do? on a side note i am very happy with my new camera!

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
wait so they are the landowners grandkids? why cant his grandkids play in the woods?

·
"Catch Us If You Can"
3,269 Posts
If they were my grandkids I'd keep them in an area where no one was hunting but they would be playing in the woods.

·
"Catch Us If You Can"
3,269 Posts
I'd tell the little slobs to at least change their clothes every day......
Ha maybe he stayed at his grandparents house and didn't bring a change of clothes? Who cares just because they wore the same outfit twice doesn't mean they're a slob. Talk about harsh

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they were shooting my camera with there airsoft guns and using a stand that they arent suppose to be in!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
With kids upbringings these days your lucky they didn't rip your camera down and throw it in the river!

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
they are boys , and boys will play in the woods , I did , just be glad they didn't decide to tear your camera up ...

·
"Catch Us If You Can"
3,269 Posts
they were shooting my camera with there airsoft guns and using a stand that they arent suppose to be in!
Did you witness either event or are you going by the fact you have a picture of them with a gun looking at your camera?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont care if they are playin out there, its there property to play on my thing is they were shooting my camera and using my stand.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the bbs were laying on the ground in front of my camera i wish i had video just to be sure

·
Arrow-minded Conservative
3,277 Posts
Disagree with you

10-year-olds running around in grandpa's woods are not disrespecting anyone. They should probably be redirected ("stay over there"), but there is no disrespect going on.

This is a good thing. Much better than if they were on the couch playing video games.

HOWEVER, if you are paying for the privilege of hunting this guy's property, then it might be time to call the deal off and get a refund.

On a separate note, that military BDU jacket sure does blend in!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Those kids are doing you a favor, you just don't know it. I'm not going to tell you what it is but they are helping you far more than I think you know.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how is shooting my camera not disrespect?

·
"Catch Us If You Can"
3,269 Posts
i dont care if they are playin out there, its there property to play on my thing is they were shooting my camera and using my stand.
Ok now thats different I'm sure if you and his grandpa get together and talk to them about where they need to stay not messing with cameras and stands etc... this will all be ok they're just kids doing what kids do.

·
Arrow-minded Conservative
3,277 Posts
Update to last post

While I was typing, you posted about them shooting at your camera and being in your stand.

If they are messing with your stuff, then that's a different story. There is disrespect going on and that needs to be seriously addressed.

Your initial post sounded like you were annoyed that they were in the woods.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Yeah I'd say the kids have the right to be in gramp's woods but if they are messing with your stuff that's not cool. I'd bet they knew what they were doing. I wouldn't get too mad about it though. It's not worth it, just go else where. By next season they will be into other things.:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts