Archery Talk Forum banner

Thank you for those of you that take the time...

417 3
to give intelligent, objective answers to questions, especially for us newbies.

Not that anyone cares, but I am brand spankin new to the bow. I am a duck and bird hunter but wanted something to do in the off season. I wanted a decent entry level bow (settled on a Reflex Grizzly) as I was not comfortable spending a grand to find out if I enjoyed bow or was going to become a satisfactory shooter/archer.

I had to read a couple of hundred posts in order to make a decision. While I understand that people are passionate about their respective equipment (aren't we all?), I suspect that there are other lurkers like me that appreciate objectivity.

You zealots are more than welcome to continue foaming and frothing at the mouth, repetitively spewing your favorite equipment's brand name (example Mathews! Mathews!...., Hoyt! Hoyt!...., I buy my underwear at KMart!Kmart!). Heck, get a tattoo on your butt. Why mess around.

Im not faulting those of you that love your gear. Heck, I will fist fight when it comes to talking about shotgun brands and models.

Please try and remember to take pitty all of us Newbs. We look to your opinions and experiences to make sound investments in our archery future. We are young and impressionable. We need advice that will help us make the best decision for us.

While you may shoot a 21 inch 150 lb draw 5 % L.O. bow at 675 fps accurately to 100 yards with your bare fingers, that's great ! As a beginner, it will be highly unlikely that I can achieve the same results. :D

For eveyone else, thank you for making multiple brand suggestions in the price range requested.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

74,554 Posts
Archers helping archers

THats what AT is all about.

· Registered
19,468 Posts
Daniel Boone said:
THats what AT is all about.
Amen DB.....we were all nicky new guys or gals at one time. Enjoy the ride ! :D

· Registered
4,074 Posts
igozoom said:
to give intelligent, objective answers to questions, especially for us newbies.

Not that anyone cares, but I am brand spankin new to the bow. I am a duck and bird hunter but wanted something to do in the off season. I wanted a decent entry level bow (settled on a Reflex Grizzly) as I was not comfortable spending a grand to find out if I enjoyed bow or was going to become a satisfactory shooter/archer.

I had to read a couple of hundred posts in order to make a decision. While I understand that people are passionate about their respective equipment (aren't we all?), I suspect that there are other lurkers like me that appreciate objectivity.

You zealots are more than welcome to continue foaming and frothing at the mouth, repetitively spewing your favorite equipment's brand name (example Mathews! Mathews!...., Hoyt! Hoyt!...., I buy my underwear at KMart!Kmart!). Heck, get a tattoo on your butt. Why mess around.

Im not faulting those of you that love your gear. Heck, I will fist fight when it comes to talking about shotgun brands and models.

Please try and remember to take pitty all of us Newbs. We look to your opinions and experiences to make sound investments in our archery future. We are young and impressionable. We need advice that will help us make the best decision for us.

While you may shoot a 21 inch 150 lb draw 5 % L.O. bow at 675 fps accurately to 100 yards with your bare fingers, that's great ! As a beginner, it will be highly unlikely that I can achieve the same results. :D

For eveyone else, thank you for making multiple brand suggestions in the price range requested.

GREAT POST and GREAT IDEA to get newbies going...!!!!

One point of interest any newbie might want to include in there information requests....
Tell us what you expect from your equipment.. example:
Are you going full bore into this with the intention of being competetive in 3D, Field, Spots?
Are you a weekend warrior whom just wants to shoot and have a bow for fun?
Are you purely doing this with the intention of hunting?

These are ALL good points to know for the experts so we can GUIDE you into a smart and long lasting archery investment....

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! :D +o)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.