Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank God for large miracles.... Thank everybody that puts other hunters and families in their prayers....

Here is why... On Tuesday my 4 year old son was in our backyard playing.... He got off the swingset and walked towards the neighbors fence to talk to her.... He was just standing there and apparently he stepped on a dead branch.... just happens that this dead branch happens to be the home of Yellow Jackets... Well he was then soon covered in Yellow Jackets... His head looked like a bee keepers head when they allow the bees to cover their body.... well my son's head (not the face thank God) was covered in Yellow Jackets.... He recieved about 100 stings at least from these yellow jackets...Luckily he didn't receive that many stings to his face... His Jesus bubble protected his face and I believe his jesus bubble protected me as well as I only suffered from one sting.....

So I was in pain and itching from just one sting... so I can not even imagine how much pain my son was in... but through this whole ordeal my son was brave and stronge... He didn't have an alergic reaction at all... he was just traumatized and shocked... Tuesday night he nor did we his parents sleep well that night for he was in pain most of the night.... Come Wed. at around noon he was 100% better and was back to him old self talking and playing....

We came home on Wed and we all were blessed that he is okay... I am sure that it could have been worse but rite now the only evidence of the whole ordeal is that his left side of his face is swollen a little bit from a couple stings to the face.... He is by far the bravest and strongest person I know.... because if that were to happen to me I would have been demanding some seriouse drugs to knock myeslf out so I wouldn't feel pain...

We are blessed and he can't wait to get out in the woods with me either... He is my hunting buddy......

Thanks for all the prayers...I know that the hunters and their families have been added to our list... and this inncodent makes you think and look back to how easy you could loose something... I was scared to death that I was going to loose my son....

Happy huntings and come opening day you can find me and my son in the woods...

JJ

·
Registered
349 Posts
Happy he's doing well!

I'm glad he's okay, Jacobi. It's amazing how resilient kids can be. I know how you must have felt. Anytime I see my kids in any sort of pain or sick, I just wish I could somehow endure it for them. Godd luck hunting, Sounds like you've got a little hunting buddy for life!:D

Mike

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah he is a very tough kiddo and is looking forward to getting out in the woods and hunting with me.... After his ordeal we just had to let him go to the toy store and get anything that he wanted.... and now my living room floor is full of lego's.... Great kid and an awesome hunting partner...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thank God he's OK!!!!!!!!!!!

When i was about 5 or 6 playing baseball near my house and had paper plates as our base's and 3rd base was nexted to a fence pole that had a hole next to it, will i slide into 3rd base and my foot went down in the hole and there just happen to be a nest of yellow jacket's and me and my cousin got stung all over our body and as i was running to my house i was still getting stung and when i got home my mom saw me and called my dad to take me to the doctor's and all i keep on saying was that i was cold and wanted a blanket and go to sleep, the doctor told my mom i was in shock and to rush me to the hospital and as of today almost 35 year's later i still remember everything like it was yesterday so i think your boy might to but he will be fine. just take care of the nest because they will come back my dad put gas in the hole and let it on fire to burn the nest out and make sure there warn't any more in there. Hey but i didn't get any toy's not that i can remember:mad:. Thank God he is fine just keep the toy's coming.:)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Boy that sounded nasty Jacobi,thank God he is ok.I can't satnd it when my little guy gets sick or even falls down.You just wish you could protect them all the time.....:)

·
Registered
916 Posts
I just read this post

Holy smokes, that's just to spooky. I hope there's no side effects of any kind. Glad he's OK.
Ah the joys of parenting!:)
Take care

Out for now
DDSP

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is doing great now with the side effects of now he is scared of anything that flys and all insects.... but that is understandable for what he went through... but on the bright side he is sucking up and taking advantage of us rite now... lol... tomorrow we have a date with the dinosaur museum...oh well he deserves it though... we all derserve it...

Thank you all for the prayers....

JJ

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
God bless you and your family and I will continue to pray for God's angelS to surround you and yours esp the little hunter!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Jacobi,

I also have a 4 year old son, and as I was reading the ordeal your son went through I was thinking about my son. I can only imagine the terror that your family went through. I am glad to hear that your little man is doing well, and I will add ya'll to my son's and my prayer list.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is doing great and taking advantage of all the extra attention... tomorrow we get to go to the dinasaur museum and here he is staying up late with daddy or is he?? hhmmm

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
another shot at his picture... if you look close the only visual sign of his yellow jacket attack is there on the left side of his face... he is a little swollen around his eye and cheek....

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can go to www.google.com and just type in yellow jackets and click search... you will get numerous web pages to browse through....

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Glad he's doing well! Little kiddos are so resilient in such ways and yes, I believe his Jesus-bubble must have been shining brightly that day!!

I can not even imagine how much pain my son was in...
I can imagine... and remember pretty well. I slid down a creek embankment when I was six while going after a crawdad and went right through what I've called a mud-dawbers nest in the dirt. They looked very similar to yellow jackets. I got 65 stings all over. They got in my clothes and I mean just everywhere. I was screaming bloody murder and running as fast as I could trying to get them off of me. I lucked out too that day. No allergic reaction either and oddly, no fear of bees since. The worst might have been all the itching and constant covering of the bites with Calomine lotion. Pink spots all over LOL! All together, it wasn't much fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts