Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I love about the field forum is you can still find "archers helping archers". Thanks Brown Hornet and X hunter for your help today.

This forum still seems mostly immune from some of the pettiness found in some of the other forums.

John

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
What I love about the field forum is you can still find "archers helping archers". Thanks Brown Hornet and X hunter for your help today.

This forum still seems mostly immune from some of the pettiness found in some of the other forums.

John
We take NO prisoners! :wink:

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I haven't posted over here much, but I have been reading here a lot (want to start shooting field) and I have noticed that. This forum is a LOT better than the general

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Your welcome buddy :)

It is nice to have a place to actually talk about archery and what not.....and not just who makes the best strings, what bow is faster....and who's bow is faster or better.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Your welcome buddy :)

It is nice to have a place to actually talk about archery and what not.....and not just who makes the best strings, what bow is faster....and who's bow is faster or better.
But just so you know my is better!!!!

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
But the better part of this is the lack of emotional criticism often spewed as gospel in the other forums. It gets old quick with all the arguing over petty crap. I doubt a single thread goes thru the GenPop forum without bashing and negative comments being thrown around...

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
But the better part of this is the lack of emotional criticism often spewed as gospel in the other forums. It gets old quick with all the arguing over petty crap. I doubt a single thread goes thru the GenPop forum without bashing and negative comments being thrown around...
You should go hang out on the Slowtwitch forum (endurance athlete forum). It's crazy what some people will tell others....especially when a site is not as moderated as this one. This forum is really a blessing when you consider that.

·
Trojan Matriarch....
17,156 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Field Forum

I am new to AT, but not to Field. Field archers have a long tradition of helping others. May that always be so.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts

John
:wink:You must be incredibly desperate!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe!! But I'll take any help I can get, you seen some of the scores theses BHFS guys are puttin' up lately:wink:

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
That's what I love about field archery.
It's not about how fast your bow is, the latest greatest gadget, or pounding on your chest to prove your a bigger man than the next guy.
It's about being the best shot "you" can be. Most of the guys I've met on a field course didn't worry about what the next guy shot, or had (unless maybe if they had an extra:darkbeer:) Rather than sit around and bicker over who's better we leave that on the course, and spend the off time hangin out, and having fun.

This venue really put the fun back into archery for me. I got so sick of the same old BS that goes on everywhere else. I started shooting field because I wanted to better my 3-d game, but since I shot my first field round I haven't shot any 3-d at all.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, 3D is not any fun to me any more. I shoot for fun with friends and thats it. Too much bickering and accusations of cheating, not fun.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
:wink:You must be incredibly desperate!
Kent not everybody needs help figuring out how to make the suction cup tiped arrows stick to the glass!!!

But when they do we all know to point them to the nearest rainbow to find little ole' you!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts