Archery Talk Forum banner

That was Yesterday and this is Today...

3643 44
Well while I was heading out to one of my deerstands earlier today for my evening hunt I was thinking about the Doe I harvested yesterday with the New XT Crimson Talon Heads and I talked myself into using another one tonight;instead of my original plan to try out another brand head... And couldn`t have been happier with my decision. When the 200Lb. 6 Pointer stepped into my shooting lane at about 20 Yards I Smacked him right in the Shoulder! :eek: My Talon and Superslim Slammed right thru the Shoulder and right out the other side of the deer. He ran about 50 yards and that was all she wrote... I have to say these heads are now Proven Killers to me...;) No he is not the Monster that I am after but at that weight and age he should have had Alot more Antler on him so I considered him a Management buck for our piece of property. He had some Palmation to his Rack with a Ridge on one side of his main beam...:confused: So now I am bucked out until the First week of November,which starts our Permit Bow Season and then you can take another Buck with the bow,not to mention that is just about the start of the Rut for around here... :wink: We are allowed one buck for our Fall Bow Season;And this one will make Alot of Steaks, thats for sure...:) Best of luck to all my fellow ATers with their Upcoming Seasons! :darkbeer: J.R.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
394 Posts
Nice buck Ray!!! Way to represent Jersey deer hunting! Are you north/central/south jersey?

· Registered
1,539 Posts
all that blood is startin' to get mine pumpin' too. Only 1 1/2 weeks to go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:darkbeer:

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Congrats

· Registered
5,249 Posts
Awesome Management buck

Yea i would say he is an older deer, he'll eat either way though.

Them new Talon's are bad news aint they, I am shooting them this year.

Good luck with your next buck tag

· Classifieds Administrator
39,607 Posts
Great job Ray! Man your on a roll buddy! Congratulations!!

"Maybe you should do a commercial for Crimson Talon XT's" :wink:

Congrats buddy on a great buck and filling your freezer within a few days!! :grin:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.