Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the archery only seasons are now closed. I'm bummed and dreaming of next year already.

I had a great time. Have few regrets...except the monster bull of a lifetime that I missed. I doubt I'll ever have a opportunity at another bull like that one.

Oh well I did score on a lesser bull and have meat in the freezer.

Just had to cry on you guys' shoulders..*sniff*

Deer hunting just don't compare ...

Dave

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
glad you got to kill something and had a good season. I feel for ya cause our season dont even open til tomorrow. lol closes jan 31. :tongue:

· Registered
6,153 Posts
Man I would cut my wrist if my bow season was already over. I start in August and finish in Jan. and still don't get enough and I usually hunt 4 or 5 weeks straight from last of Oct. thru Nov.

· Registered
284 Posts
I know the feeling! Ours just ended and I hate to say it but I am eating tag soup this year, I lost a bull of a lifetime opening weekend:pukey: and pretty much spent the rest of the season hoping to get another chance.

I cant believe the elk I was into and could not get a shot....but thats elk hunting I guess. I only have late deer season to look forward to now and that just does not come close to elk hunting! I know elk in Oregon is not like some places but I just could not believe some of the bulls I was getting into! I thought I took a wrong turn and was in New Mexico or something. Now I just have to wait eleven more months to do it all over again!

bb

· Administrator
65,646 Posts
No, it don't, but.. it's better than nothin.. :lol:

Just came back from a week of chasin the elusive elk.. came close, but no shot opportunity.. I'll be back next season for my third crack at the wild ones, but in the meantime, I'm back east gearin up for whitetails and minielk in the swamps.

Sure glad I can bowhunt til the end of January.... :becky: :cheers:

Congrats on your success.. :thumb:

· A Man for All Seasons
2,751 Posts
coloradodave

you are right COdave; there is nothing like hunting elk w/ a bow. It is a downer the bow season is done. You are walking tall however, since your tag is filled. congrats. The dream of next years chase is already alive. I can't wait to go back either. how's that?...snifff

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Congrats on your " LESSER " bull .. But bowhunting is bowhunting now get out there and bowhunt them whitetail

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts

· Registered
8,821 Posts
But unlike other states your archery elk license is void after archery season is over.

:mad:

It should be good for entire season..or why not charge the guy another $25.00 if he wants to keep using bow during gun season.

Boy I could make Colorado some more money if only they would ask.

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
But unlike other states your archery elk license is void after archery season is over.
Yes, that is true. And if you had an either sex archery tag you would only be chasing cows around with a bow for the rifle season.........but hey, if that's what a guy wants to do. I like shooting stuff with a rifle too, but your BH test comments has got me wondering.:wink: I believe I might have to test out those 125gr Silver Flames on a cow.......elk that is. Especially if there's snow on the ground in December, tracking would be much easier and wouldn't need the perfect blood trail.

On the other hand.......I keep promising the kids that I'll get them an elk skin rug one of these days. This would be the perfect opportunity to take one down in the neck with a rifle to keep the skin intact, AND have an easy pack job (backing the truck up to it in the field).

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
Boy I could make Colorado some more money if only they would ask.
You can still pick up a leftover cow tag and give the DOW another $250.:wink: Believe me, they'll take your money.....even though it's Texas money.

· Registered
260 Posts
Dave,
Ouch on missing the big one but congrats on an overall exciting season. Now with all your free time you can help a certain someone out picking out a spot for next year.

That certain someone will be PMing you in a couple weeks. Take care and again...congratulations.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.