Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling our house. Realtor says, you should take down your Whitetail mount. Might turn some people off. I was going back and forth in my head about what to do. My wife says..."**** it, leave it up. You don't wanna sell the house to some vegan animal rights freak do ya?"

Open house tomorrow, Mount stays. That's why I love her.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
The money is still green right? In this market, you may want to consider doing what makes sense. What your realtor is telling you might make sense.

Besides, I don't think the mount is going to help you sell the house.

However, KUDOS to you if you stick to your guns and get what you want for your house.

·
BIRD HUNTER
11,207 Posts
Selling our house. Realtor says, you should take down your Whitetail mount. Might turn some people off. I was going back and forth in my head about what to do. My wife says..."**** it, leave it up. You don't wanna sell the house to some vegan animal rights freak do ya?"

Ya it might turn some people off, But it might help sell the house. Tell the realtor, Might want to change the car he or she is driving, might turn some people off. :mg:

·
Registered
13,457 Posts
why did you hire a realitor if you are not willing to listen to her?
kinda like hiring a guide then not listening to him.
selling a house is bussiness and has nothing to do with personal preferences.
it's about $$$

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Ya it might turn some people off, But it might help sell the house. Tell the realtor, Might want to change the car he or she is driving, might turn some people off. :mg:
That's interesting!
Captain,what was your realtor driving?
A hybrid?

If he/she's doing well,I bet they have a Navigator or an Escalade in the garage...That would turn the growing "green" crowd off :D

Take the rack down....then take the Flag down....and the Christmas tree....and then the Cross/Bible!
Where does it end?

Don't forget to re-paint all the walls flat white!
'Cuz you know potential buyers love a clean palette!

Realtors care about one thing.....their 3 to 6%.....and they don't care what you have to sacrifice to get it ;)

·
A.T.Under Sophist
22,078 Posts
If you take down the mount, then you'll have to paint the room to cover the fact that the wall is two shades lighter where the mount was hanging.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
If you have one buyer and he's a bunny hugger you're telling him to get hosed. Sounds good to me.

·
Just Do It.....
30,274 Posts
Its best to keep personal feelings out of a buisness deal.
But since money does not matter to you maybe you should buy some more mounts and put em up all over the house.:teeth:
:darkbeer:

marty

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Shoot I'd be worried the potential buyer would expect it to come with, weapons and wildlife get packed first lol....

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FWIW, I didn't hire a realtor. We're selling by owner, BUT we did consult with a realtor and will pay any buyer who has a realtor their due cut.

I personally, (if you are a realtor, we all gotta make a living, so no personal offense intended), again personally, feel realtors are the lowest form of salesperson. Worse than car dealers. They'll hold you hostage in your own home. They use your hard earned equity as leverage.

If you don't use one, and don't intend to pay a buyers broker, they'll steer a potential buyer away from your home even if the buyer loves it. They'll talk them out of it. This comes directly from the source, so I'm not speculating. It pains me to think that a potential realtor could show a client this house, even if the buyer found it themselves. Then at closing, show up and get a check for several grand for doing almost NO WORK! Meanwhile, I earned every penny of equity I have in this place by remodeling it with my own two hands on my days off of work. They read an add, and get a check. Just don't seem right.

Yeah, I wanna sell this house, but it's my feeling that my mount accentuates the den where it hangs. It, to me, fits with the vernacular of the house. Much the same way a big moose mount seems natural over a stone fireplace in the Adirondak Mountains, or a big Elk in Colorado or New Mexico.

I don't recall hearing about PETA or any other bunny huggers picketting outside Abercromie and Fitch because they have a moose mount in every store in North America...right over the cash register I might add!!!

Anyway, point of the thread was to give my wife props for stickin to her guns!

.....but I digress......

·
Registered
17,539 Posts
Don't take it down! For those that think that a picture or a mount on the wall makes a difference, you sell the perspective buyer short. They have the ability to visualize the aesthetics of the house based on the way they would decorate themselves.. My mom sold commercial and residential she says that if a person can visualize a room in a totally different color they can visualize a wall without decorations. Hell they can even picture an idea knocking the wall down.. IMO if a buyer lets the former owners decor determine the purchase, they were not serious about the house and are looking for an excuse.. Just my thoughts

And as to your point of the thread... Its nice to see a woman that doesn't cater to what others desire if it goes against her ideals

·
Premium Member
6,515 Posts
FWIW, I didn't hire a realtor. We're selling by owner, BUT we did consult with a realtor and will pay any buyer who has a realtor their due cut.

I personally, (if you are a realtor, we all gotta make a living, so no personal offense intended), again personally, feel realtors are the lowest form of salesperson. Worse than car dealers. They'll hold you hostage in your own home. They use your hard earned equity as leverage.

If you don't use one, and don't intend to pay a buyers broker, they'll steer a potential buyer away from your home even if the buyer loves it. They'll talk them out of it. This comes directly from the source, so I'm not speculating. It pains me to think that a potential realtor could show a client this house, even if the buyer found it themselves. Then at closing, show up and get a check for several grand for doing almost NO WORK! Meanwhile, I earned every penny of equity I have in this place by remodeling it with my own two hands on my days off of work. They read an add, and get a check. Just don't seem right.

Yeah, I wanna sell this house, but it's my feeling that my mount accentuates the den where it hangs. It, to me, fits with the vernacular of the house. Much the same way a big moose mount seems natural over a stone fireplace in the Adirondak Mountains, or a big Elk in Colorado or New Mexico.

I don't recall hearing about PETA or any other bunny huggers picketting outside Abercromie and Fitch because they have a moose mount in every store in North America...right over the cash register I might add!!!

Anyway, point of the thread was to give my wife props for stickin to her guns!

.....but I digress......
Wow...so now if someone consults with a realtor and they offer a suggestion which we don't agree with..then they are the lowest form of a salesperson..... what ever happen to common sense and honest communication....??? Geesh..it was a suggestion about a deer head.....Solohunter

·
Banned
3,149 Posts
I would sell my house to Ingrid Newkirk herself...money is money as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
916 Posts
leave the mount

Capt Cully,

my mother inlaw is a realtor. She told me the same thing when i was selling my house. I told her no, and two weeks later a man and his partner bought the house.:D Good luck with the sale

1 - 20 of 37 Posts