Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at least IMHO. The 2012 Scorpyd Ventilator 150 and the 2018 Ravin R20 Sniper. The fit, finish and machine work of the Ventilator is a beauty to behold. They have gotten faster over the years but the quality of the older ones is long gone. Just look at the machine work on the 2012 compared to todays bows to see what I mean.

The new Ravins are the best crossbows on the planet, bar none, all things considered. We've come a long way in 6 years.

Attachments

·
Certified Buckoholic
5,301 Posts
Can't comment on the Ravin, but I do have a Silver Scorpyd Ventilator 150, and it's an awesome bow! I also have a Scorpyd Orion 175 LE, and it's none too shabby either... Orion E LE 175 and Silver Vent 150.jpg

·
Happy Hunter
2,885 Posts
Not even close. My Micro Black Ops is the best ever..lol

Got that right! There’s no such thing as “the best crossbow”, I don’t care who’s honest opinion it is. Because everyone have different perception of crossbows. If you like it then shoot it, doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks about you or your bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,713 Posts
If it keeps your boat a float. Then its the best for you. Theres a bunch of really good bows out there.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
If it keeps your boat a float. Then its the best for you. Theres a bunch of really good bows out there.
I know whats best for me and I know what is best for you (we have made it perfectly clear) I just feel sorry for the guys who are still wondering and shelling out the big bucks to decide ;)
norm

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
X2 on that. This may be the "hay-day" of xbow choices. You can get a great xbow for not much money and spend premium dollars for the latest rage. I'm guilty of doing both. LG!

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Got that right! There’s no such thing as “the best crossbow”, I don’t care who’s honest opinion it is. Because everyone have different perception of crossbows. If you like it then shoot it, doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks about you or your bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best post of the day !!

·
Registered
945 Posts
So far I've had 4 crossbows. I loved all of them. Some just a little more than the other but it's hard to like just one or two.

·
Vendor
2,400 Posts
if you take out the love and person likes and dislikes out of the mix and look at the pure attributes of the product then you have the best ever made.

So let's take the feelings out of the mix and look at crossbows from a pure functionality aspect and when we do we find there is one bow that fits in the best of the best

This bow

* is as rugged as a tank
* need only hand tools to totally break down
* hunting camp repairable
* superior accuracy
* available in multiple sizes to fit every archer
* most of the models are under $1000
* in a pinch strings could be made from a variety of products

If I were going to be off the grid for a long time I would buy an Excalibur and a couple strings and a spare set of limbs!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
if you take out the love and person likes and dislikes out of the mix and look at the pure attributes of the product then you have the best ever made.

So let's take the feelings out of the mix and look at crossbows from a pure functionality aspect and when we do we find there is one bow that fits in the best of the best

This bow

* is as rugged as a tank
* superior accuracy

If I were going to be off the grid for a long time I would buy an Excalibur and a couple strings and a spare set of limbs!
Jerry your a smart man!!

·
Banned
295 Posts
Crossbows have come a loooong way, I remember when I was 12 when the elderly only could use them and the Barnett ranger was head of the pack.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

This bow

* is as rugged as a tank
* superior accuracy

using that criteria maybe Joe is right and the Kodabow is best,,,,it fits all those parameters , has a better stock trigger, uses the same strings, and much better built (even diehard Excal fans like Boo admits that!)...
Lordy, lordy, Jerry, I can't believe you just validated what Joe has been saying all along...:mg:
norm

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
using that criteria maybe Joe is right and the Kodabow is best,,,,it fits all those parameters , has a better stock trigger, uses the same strings, and much better built (even diehard Excal fans like Boo admits that!)...
Lordy, lordy, Jerry, I can't believe you just validated what Joe has been saying all along...:mg:
norm
I have had several kodabows now,that statement isn't true. Stock they weigh a ton,string change requires a tool,stock triggers ARE IN NO WAY BETTER,I've yet to shoot a stock kodabow with less than 5lb pull..they say 3.5,well I sent mine in to chuck when it was over 10lb,he got it to what he said was 5,my lyman is accurate and scale said 6lb 12oz. I'm curious if they advertise 3.5 why he would let mine leave at 5lb anyway.
Bottom line is the feel,fit and machining is better on kodabow..but excal weighs less,easier string change,better factory triggers and a much smaller footprint.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I have had several kodabows now,that statement isn't true. Stock they weigh a ton,string change requires a tool,stock triggers ARE IN NO WAY BETTER,I've yet to shoot a stock kodabow with less than 5lb pull..they say 3.5,well I sent mine in to chuck when it was over 10lb,he got it to what he said was 5,my lyman is accurate and scale said 6lb 12oz. I'm curious if they advertise 3.5 why he would let mine leave at 5lb anyway.
Bottom line is the feel,fit and machining is better on kodabow..but excal weighs less,easier string change,better factory triggers and a much smaller footprint.
having never held one no less shoot one I will take what you said as accurate, keep in mind I was just messin with Jerry....but I do want to ask you what fits you best now and why....
norm

·
Huntoholic
10,772 Posts
The Kodabow will never have as good a trigger as the average Excalibur trigger, I have plenty of PM's from various well respected members toi verify that, an easy statement for those that don't have both!

The Kodabow will never be as interchangeable from model to model with so many different parts shareable,, it's like a ford chevy debate, every motor ford made was different, heads, water pumps, damper pulleys, flywheels, etc etc,, come chevy almost every part including cranks rods and camshafts were interchangeable,, even some exterior parts from small block to big block, Sorry but I loved the 50's 60' and early 70's,, I'm bow tie dedicated when it comes to these detail's.

Same for the Excalibur when it comes to recurves,, Jerry didn't studder he had it right, nothing more forgiving, more interchangeable, and more durable than an Excalibur,, and again today like before the one year limb debacle from outsourcing and overheating the limbs,, kinda funny today the new micros,, more poundage than ever, and no more bulldogs or Matrix having any limb problems,, give me a string that's well served and I'm ready to pack in anywhere with all I need to be self sufficient with an Excalibur!

Now some need pretty, some want faster, some want cables and cam's, and they have the best choices ever, and everyone can have there favorite. But it is kinda rediculous to state any of them, even a recurve as being the best,, as only with tunnel vision can this be true. They all have advantages, and all better than the others at some things, but never has there been any bow made that did everything better than some of the better made bows! None of em!

·
Certified Buckoholic
5,301 Posts
The Kodabow will never have as good a trigger as the average Excalibur trigger, I have plenty of PM's from various well respected members toi verify that, an easy statement for those that don't have both!

The Kodabow will never be as interchangeable from model to model with so many different parts shareable,, it's like a ford chevy debate, every motor ford made was different, heads, water pumps, damper pulleys, flywheels, etc etc,, come chevy almost every part including cranks rods and camshafts were interchangeable,, even some exterior parts from small block to big block, Sorry but I loved the 50's 60' and early 70's,, I'm bow tie dedicated when it comes to these detail's.

Same for the Excalibur when it comes to recurves,, Jerry didn't studder he had it right, nothing more forgiving, more interchangeable, and more durable than an Excalibur,, and again today like before the one year limb debacle from outsourcing and overheating the limbs,, kinda funny today the new micros,, more poundage than ever, and no more bulldogs or Matrix having any limb problems,, give me a string that's well served and I'm ready to pack in anywhere with all I need to be self sufficient with an Excalibur!

Now some need pretty, some want faster, some want cables and cam's, and they have the best choices ever, and everyone can have there favorite. But it is kinda rediculous to state any of them, even a recurve as being the best,, as only with tunnel vision can this be true. They all have advantages, and all better than the others at some things, but never has there been any bow made that did everything better than some of the better made bows! None of em!
Amen brother!:rock-on:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts