Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I would find a better shooting bow than my 07 Ally but I recently bought an 09 Admiral from a fellow AT'er and all I can say is WOW! I put a Revolution rest on it the other day and even before putting on the sight or any other gadgets I just had to shoot it. Even without the stabilizer it was completely shock free and really quiet. The draw is at least as smooth or better and the back wall is rock solid. The Ally was set at about 68 and the Admiral only has 60# limbs so I know I will be giving up a bunch of speed but after shooting the Admiral I think its going to be worth the loss. Any other guys go from the Ally to the Admiral and what were your thoughts. Do you think I will regret switching and the loss of speed/ flatter shooting?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have an 09 as well and I really like it too. It does tune close to the riser though, and Im about to switch to the trophy ridge revolution from the limb driver. Overall its a great bow though, well balanced and very quiet. Mine shoots 282-284 with 374 grain arrow at 28.5 dl and 70 pounds.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Just wait until you try to fine-tune the center shot....

The bow shoots amazing, but it just don't tune to the correct center shot.....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wait until you try to fine-tune the center shot....

The bow shoots amazing, but it just don't tune to the correct center shot.....
So what can be done to fix it or will it not affect me much being just an average bowhunter keeping shots inside 35 yds

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
You will find your center shot is wayyy too close to the riser. This is because the cable roller guard encourages riser torque, no matter how you grip the bow. The bow is basically twists clockwise (if you were looking down on it from above as you shoot) when you draw back. This encourages the center shot to be way to the right. Every bow does this to a point, but the 2009 BowTech center-pivot bows did it more than any. TAP on this forum makes a shoot-thru conversion for these bows, but it is about $100 and the cables will rub against your wrist. They are nice shooting bows, but I as well as you got skunked into buying them before I knew about the tuning problem.

This does not mean the bow is worthless, though. It is still a good bow, but you will have a weird center shot. I finally broke down and sold my Admiral and Sentinel after I realized how much of a pain they were to tune.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I just wanted to warn a fellow ATer about this issue.

Later,
Hb.

·
Registered
264 Posts
35 yards isnt a problem, i can shoot mine good to 60. I am getting a shoot through after season though.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So is this more of a problem for tournament guys looking for pinpoint accuracy and perfect bullet holes in paper?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took both bows out on the deck and did a side by side. The Admiral still has no sight because I intended to take the SABO off the Allegiance. I shot one arrow out of each back and forth until I had shot 3 from each. The Admiral is definitely quieter and has has less hand shock and just "feels better". Penetration on the target was the same but I have no idea what the speed difference is. But now after listening to some of you I am worried about the accuracy factor and I dont know what to do. The SABO is kinda a P.I.T.A to sight in so I dont want to switch the sight over to find out the Admiral wont shoot straight and is giving me fliers and have to put it back on the Allegiance and start over again. Is this centershot issue a real problem for just an average bowhunter? Will the Revolution rest make it a non issue since its set up behind the riser?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts