Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rip cord didnt drop last night. Arrow was all over. 2 out of 9 shots the rest didnt fall. This is off and my trophy taker is badk on for now.

Any comments are welcome on the problem with.
I checked everything like the cord length and it was good.

So you guys that are shootin the ripcord thes season Good Luck i wish you the best when the buck of a lifetime comes by. I HOPE IT DROPS FOR YA!

the rest that is.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Never had a problem with mine either. Is the cord slipping?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
not bashing but there must be at least 5 threads on this over the last 3 weeks. it sounds like ripcord has a problem.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Is it a new rest? When was it purchased? My RipCord has performed flawlessly for tons of shots. I am not defending them, just know mine works very well and I was going to get another for a new bow I got...however if this is a newer problem I may go back to the TT.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I'd like to know if there is a problem as well.I've been recommending this rest locally to new archers,and if somethings up I should take back my advice.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Mine is working perfectly. When I first got it, after about 500 shots the string started to fuzz but I replace it with a better one and now I have more than 1,000 shots through it, not a problem with mine.
I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rip cord

brand new and the cable wasnt slipping. lots of people talking about this rest and it is about 50 50 on likes and dislikes.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
popeandyoung54 said:
brand new and the cable wasnt slipping. lots of people talking about this rest and it is about 50 50 on likes and dislikes.
P and d 54. I contacted Ripcord Arrow Rests today by E-mail.I received a response within 2hr.(which goes a country mile as far as customer service is concerned)
The return E-mail was from Mr.Keith Dvoroznak Pres.He suggests you contact Ripcord by phone or E-mail and you will be taken care of.
I have no connection to Ripcord,but I would hate a post like yours to damage the reputation of a company that makes an extremely good dropaway rest.
I am satisfied that the Ripcord made now is every bit as good as the one I bought 3.5 years and that your problem although irritating is not the norm.
When I have finally been able to wear out the Ripcord I have now,I would without a second thought buy another

·
Registered
793 Posts
not bashing but there must be at least 5 threads on this over the last 3 weeks. it sounds like ripcord has a problem.
thats what led me away...but Im glad I did. The muzzy zero-effect is awesome

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Not anywhere near 50 50 I have seen lots of posts about this rest and very few problems. Love mine
Not saying yours, but if not set properly it is not going to work properly

·
Registered
554 Posts
That and the cord fraying to the point of breaking were the two reasons I took the ripcord off my bow. When it worked, it was a very good rest. I'd say 1 out of 500 shots the rest wouldn't drop for some reason. That's too many.

Switched to a Limbdriver a few months ago and I'll never look back.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Problem

I love mine and have never had a failure. Before the review section went down there were a few posts about this kind of failure. If you can pull the rope by hand and the rest falls then it's simply a length or tension problem. Some people have served the rope directly into the bow string and have rave reviews.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
My guess would be the cord is frayed internally where it goes through the plunger (term?)! Or it may have a burr on it. It sucks to have problems! :sad:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is the cord tied to the cable just behind rest? I have had a rip cord for a year now and the only problem I had was that when I first put the rest on, I didn't put enough downward angle on the cord to where it attaches to the cable. This wouldn't let the rest fall when locked up. The cord has to to pull down a small metal block to release and if cord does not have very much of a downward angle, it will sometimes not pull it down all the time.

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,922 Posts
Been using the ripcord for almost 2 years now,only time you have a problem is when you don't set it up per the instructions.very simple........:mg:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts