Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know every thing there is to now about this bow anything you guys write will be very heplfull I Dont care how rough the news is I need to know

·
Registered
621 Posts
apex

i absolutely love mine. It is the most accurate bow i have ever owned. The weight is not really much more that the other mathews. I bow holds pretty still and floats slow in the dot. A breeze to tune. The grip may take a litle while to get used to, but once you find the right hand position it is great. my favorite thing with the apex is that you get no surprises. the arrow goes where aimed.
jon

I like it so much that after I got my freebie i bought another one.

·
74,535 Posts
My best year ever

Bow holds solid. Little heavier but you get use to it!

I just purchased my second one for upcoming indoor season 50/60lber

I really like the grip.

One thing if your holding on target it hits.

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
I like the apex just cant see paying over $1000 for the bow. I just bought a constitution and it shoots just as good and is $250-300 less.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont let money affect what you write about this bow

ok

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The most tack driving bow i ever shot. I love the weight of it. I shoot better and more consistant groups with this bow than any i have ever owned. All that and more for me. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sold mine. :) It shot good but my new bow holds better and feels better to shoot.All that has has plenty of speed the Apex was slowwwwww.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anybody else

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Best holding bow available. My scores improved significantly. Wind is less of a factor with the heavier bow and all this with IBO of 290 at 29"/60# or 265 @ 54#. With the Apex, you only need one bow rather than two specialty bows for target and 3D.

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
Just curious why alot of pros have quit shooting their apex and went back to their old bows and why there are so many apex for sale in the classifieds. I've heard these bows are very touchy when the axle to axle or brace height isn't quite right.

·
Registered
621 Posts
who

most of the mathews pros at yankton were shooting their apex. The reason there are so many for sale is that people bought them thinking they would make a huge difference in their shooting and that wont happen with any bow. if you are a 290 indoor shooter this bow wont make you a 55x300man. If you shoot 55x+it may help you get to 60x. The guys didnt improve overnite and are trying to recoup some of the price. Dietmar did set his WRs with the apex.
jon

·
74,535 Posts
Most the pros

Most just felt like it wasnt for them. But most the pros really like the bow.

Many Apexs were sold very quickly. You going to see some sale them!

I really fought this bow at first. Pro friends told me to stay with it. Im glad I did!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Shooying strong

Not much to add to whats already been said except that compared to what I shot before in an apples to apples comparison (deflexed riser long A2A and high brace height) it isn't slow IMO. I've only shot 1 bow with similar specs that was ANY faster. I love the grip and the weight.

It took me about three weeks to get completly comfortable with the bow but I stuck with it and I'm not looking back. GREAT BOW.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I was a member of the Hoyt Pro staff for several years. I made the move to Mathews this year, in no small part due to the Apex. It is a great bow. Aims like a rock, tunes easily, and the grip is perfect. I would highly recceomend it to anyone looking for an easy to shoot bow that still produces good speed.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Of the guys I know that have bought them, about half hate it, and the other half love 'em.

The half that hate them are the guys that are always looking for "magic" and go through a few bows a year. The half that love them took the time to setup the bows and give 'em an honest chance.

I'd shoot it. ;) :teeth:

·
NC ASA Director
36,015 Posts
I would love to get my hands around one. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Just curious...

How different is the Apex in terms of handling/accuracy/ease of shooting as compared to the Conquest 3 considering the huge price difference?

A friend (curve) is seriously considering converting to wheels and has in mind an Apex and asked my opinion. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the Apex, only a little about the original Conquest way back.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Compared to the C3....

IMO, the Apex aims better, has better balance, more stable and MUCH less kick, even the mini-max. Did I mention the grip??...The grip in superior as well.

·
74,535 Posts
Have you ever owned a Apex

Canzoni said:
I like the apex just cant see paying over $1000 for the bow. I just bought a constitution and it shoots just as good and is $250-300 less.
If not! How do you posssiable know your Bowtech will shoot just as good?
Seems you have a promblem with Mathew threads here.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah

just looking for some more info on this, what seems to be an anwsome bow ,so far

1 - 20 of 37 Posts