Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I hunt from a wall tent, I have limited floor space and I need to get everything I'll need for 2 weeks packed into the back of my truck. I have found it easiest to put most of my junk into storage boxes. They stack neatly and are convenient way to store all my hunting junk. The problem is when I load everything into the tent I have to end up stacking the boxes one on lop of the other to preserve space. As you know the higher the importance that you need an item the more likely it will be in the very bottom bin. So you end up un-stacking and re-stacking the friggin bins over and over again throughout the 2 weeks. Totally unacceptable.

Enter the ******* Armoire. It allows me to open each bin and rummage around in there without moving a bin. It is basically 2 boards with blocks attached that the bin handles slide onto. As I was designing it I thought perhaps it might rack to much or be unstable. I was pleasantly surprised I think it is going to work out rather well. It is sturdy and stable and the more weight the better.

Let me know what you think and enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
so the only thing keeping it standing is the storage boxes themselves? Looks like this would work great in my shed.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the handles on this particular version of storage bins are about 2" deep. The hanging blocks slide up inside and then there are the spacer blocks that press against the center of the bins to keep the unit from racking.

I bought these storage bins from Home Depot they are the ones that have wire in the hinges. Don't buy the ones that have plastic hinges they don't hold up.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
bOw bender using his noggin again. You come up with some very nice ideas/projects. Another well done plan my friend.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ingenious!

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that sturdy?
Amazingly so, Even as I was forming the idea in my noggin I was thinking gee I hope this works...

If I have some time and the spirit moves me perhaps I'll do a video about how it goes together and how sturdy it is.

Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement everyone.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here is a drawing of what I would change if I ever get around to making another one. Basically I would lengthen the hanging block so they would press against the bottom area of the bin. It will be a bit more sturdy there because the bottom plastic adds rigidity with less flex. Frankly I'm fine with the way it turned out it would just be better with the minor alteration.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts