Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The foundation released some edge retention test on a few broadheads. They gave the pre-shot and post-shot on a cape buffalo hunt done in July

I added the difference to the table to look at the edge retention difference. very surprised by the iron will.

(The numbers are given in gram force to cut a specific material for testing edge retention) The test media is a certified test media. BESS

Font Parallel Pattern Number Screenshot

·
Registered
Mathews Traverse
2,673 Posts
The variances are interesting. I shoot silverflames and i do think they hold a edge fairly well.
Like sdonx asks:
But what to the actual numbers mean? Like with silverflames, what does 91 and 163 represent?

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interested in what the numbers actually are? Or what they mean, I guess.
I'm sorry I didn't even think about that. The numbers are an lb force given in gram to cut a specific material for testing edge retention.

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The variances are interesting. I shoot silverflames and i do think they hold a edge fairly well.
Like sdonx asks:
But what to the actual numbers mean? Like with silverflames, what does 91 and 163 represent?
I up dated the post. sorry just left that info out haha

·
Registered
Elite Valor 70# ,Sword single pin, Element arrows, 20 percent Foc
309 Posts
Interested on what the numbers actually are? Or what they mean I guess.
Its the amount of force to cut a thin wire on a sharpness meter

·
Registered
Elite Valor 70# ,Sword single pin, Element arrows, 20 percent Foc
309 Posts
The foundation released some edge retention test on a few broadheads. They gave the pre-shot and post-shot on a cape buffalo hunt done in July

I added the difference to the table to look at the edge retention difference. very surprised by the iron will.

(The numbers are an lb force given in gram to cut a specific material for testing edge retention) The test media is a certified test media. BESS

View attachment 7466225
Really liking the Evo tough head

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is done on the cool testers that John Lusk has, right?

And for the price of Bishop, I would’ve expected a lot better!
yes.

I have an older tester. from the same company. Mine uses a lead shot for the weight. I modified mine to tie to the computer. it allows me to look at a graph as I add the weight till it cuts.

This is a german Kinetic 150gr.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

This is a grizzlystik silverflame 150gr.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Symmetry

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Actually from a % standpoint they are awful. The lower the % the better the edge retention.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I think they did something wrong. Over a couple of years of testing grizzlystiks, the test I have showed between (average (250gf to 175gf) under 300 will shave hair. In the 175 range, you just slide the blades down the arm. very sharp. It would have said impossible for the grizzlystik to be 50gf.

my data on a Germain kinetic.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Electric blue

on the silverflame by grizzlystiks.

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Number

both heads very sharp.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts