Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Beer Whisperer
11,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we're off and running! 2 posts about hitting a big buck before recovering said buck or taking every measure to find it and so far, 2 that haven't been found. Here's a little tip, if you shoot a deer, stay off the site until you either recover it and have hero pics to post or exhaust all avenues of recovery and are certain the deer won't be found. The curse is a bad one and it seems to happen all too often to people who come on here and let everyone know they hit a deer but haven't found it yet.

I did just that last year on a buck I shot in Ohio. It does take a little will power to stay off of here because misery loves company. During the 4 hr. wait I had before I started looking for that buck I stayed off AT and low and behold, I walked right up to him only minutes after starting to look. All despite the rain that started after I left the woods, not finding my arrow at the impact site and no blood to follow.

So.........BEWARE THE CURSE!!!!!!!

·
Waiting on Season
14,905 Posts
awww a wise man speaks. young grasshoppers should listen. here is another tip to pass the time instead of getting on AT use the interweb for what it was designed for....free scantly clad women looking lol

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
Its the kiss of a death on here

·
Beer Whisperer
11,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awww a wise man speaks. young grasshoppers should listen. here is another tip to pass the time instead of getting on AT use the interweb for what it was designed for....free scantly clad women looking lol
LMAO Mr. Miyagi.......surf on surf off

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
There is actually 3 of these threads on here right now

·
Beer Whisperer
11,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oooops musta missed one.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I don't even post about it on here when I shoot one and watch it flop much less when I shoot one and I am waiting to recover.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
its a helluva curse thats for sure

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
I gotta agree in 06 and 07 I had a terrible run of bad shots. i blame AT

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
I see.

·
11,954 Posts
Not a buck but I posted a recovery story on a doe a couple years ago.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I'm trying to remember if I've ever read one where they actually found the buck?
I managed it three years back...had to wait for morning cause my hunting b uddy was too drunk to help...couldn't sleep...posted...found it on the other side of the bush where I shot it the next morn. Either you are or aren't gonna find it AT has nothing to do with it.

It didn't work the following year though..:tongue:

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I'm trying to remember if I've ever read one where they actually found the buck?
fowl_natured found his buck he posted about back in 09'

·
Beer Whisperer
11,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've only been around for little more than a year and 1/2 but I've seen way more threads like this turn out for the worst.

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
i have an anticurse installed on this one.........

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
I've only been around for little more than a year and 1/2 but I've seen way more threads like this turn out for the worst.
,,,,,,, and you will more than likely see a whole lot more.

Untill the deer is bagged and tagged, AT is off limits... I aint taking any chances.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 48 Posts