Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy ×2, Elite Synx, Elite GTO
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the guys who eat 7-11 taquitos and drink a large coffee at 4am before heading to the woods. Those guys you don't mess with because they don't give a flying you know what and just throw caution to the wind.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Are the guys who eat 7-11 taquitos and drink a large coffee at 4am before heading to the woods. Those guys you don't mess with because they don't give a flying you know what and just throw caution to the wind.
Probably a little more than just caution being thrown into the wind with that diet. Yikes!!!

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
End of smoked bologna, crackers, spicy mustard and a box of Schlitz. Better have a cast iron stomach for the next morning

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'll have to pass on the taquitos but I never start a morning without my coffee. One steaming hot 20oz travel mug filled to the top with hot black coffee (BRCC is my coffee of choice) and my morning is allowed to begin from that point. Prior to that, the world is at a standstill.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Yup I've seen their tree stand sites on public. Can always tell because of the 15 ft runny smear of sludge on the side of the tree. There's no way they making it to the ground in time when that hits the ol guts 🤣
another saddle hunting advantage......undo leg straps, flip bottom half of saddle up towards arm pits, pull down pants, adjust tether to get perfect angle, move around the tree to best area to aim.....and start dispensing MOABs

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
i get pretty regular during the season on purpose, i go to the same piece of public a lot and there's a path from the parking lot into the woods that i made.....i don't go into the woods until i fulfill my destiny down that path

i do drink coffee on the way to the hunt, but i cut food intake on hunting days down and i lose 5 to 10 lbs during the season.....i also only eat and drink enough on stand to keep me alive and not dizzy

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy ×2, Elite Synx, Elite GTO
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup I've seen their tree stand sites on public. Can always tell because of the 15 ft runny smear of sludge on the side of the tree. There's no way they making it to the ground in time when that hits the ol guts 🤣
I've seen a few on public land doing the hot trot down the tree :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
12,601 Posts
I'll have to pass on the taquitos but I never start a morning without my coffee. One steaming hot 20oz travel mug filled to the top with hot black coffee (BRCC is my coffee of choice) and my morning is allowed to begin from that point. Prior to that, the world is at a standstill.
Coffee 1st b/4 anything happens in my world.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I got a gas station burrito and black coffee first morning of my rut hunt 20’ in the middle of nowhere Ohio, was out having beers the night b4. I knew I was playing with fire, god himself couldn’t control my GI. My buddy still messes with me anytime he sees a burrito in a heat lamp. Hahah that’s what it’s all about, the memories. Might do it again this year just for nostalgia. Bring on 22’ !!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
My stomach is weak AF so I don't eat before going to the stand in the morning. A smart man would go to the doctor and figure out the issue...I am not a smart man. Accordingly, I have sadly had to lose a wool sock or two but to me its just part of being outdoors.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts