Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kinda curious what manufacture makes some of the better carbon arrows and just what makes them better???
Most of the time I get mine at " the big blue god of cheap stuff" after theve been put on clearence and they do fine for me, but for a hard core shoot most every day kinda shooter, what do they/ya'll use???
I'm noy lookin to start a arguement just lookin for food for thought.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You'll get a million different answers, and basically all personal preference!! Personally I like Easton!! They've been around the longest, have a wide array of shafts and spines to suit most anyone!!!:wink:

What I don't like about any of the manufactures are the prices that arrows are getting to be!! $10 for a single arrow!!!:confused:

·
The Western Triangle
2,231 Posts
Currently I'm shooting Victory's...in the past I've shot Eastons (FMJ's, ACC, Axis Nano's), Vapor's, GT's.....I think they are all great arrows.

But the first part of this year I shot/tried the Trophy Ridge Arrows....IMHO these are just a bit better than the rest. These are for sure the toughest arrow's I've ever shot...I couldn't Robin Hood these...I could break an occasional nock here and there but those fricken TR arrow's are as tough as you can buy. They are also priced pretty good. The down side of them is that finding components for them is hard; which is why I switched to the Victorys. If the components become more available for the TR arrow's I'll switch back w/out any hesitation.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Just my opinion, of course, but I have been shooting the Easton ACC shafts for a lot of years. They just seem to outlast and outperform pretty much everything out there. There are cheaper, there are more expensive, but I don't think there are any that are better for all around use.

Ted

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont shoot as much as I did (workall the time) and have just in the last few years started try'n carbons and as stated mine are the wally world mark downs, but thinkin about some thing better and start shootin a lot more, suppose what makes them better( what ever brand) are they thicker, harder, or just a better grade of carbon???
Thanx for the input ya'll.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Easton Aluminum.

Easton Aluminum.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Easton is the best manufacturer to me because the have the most capitol for R&D, they are always on the cutting edge with new technology, like ST and I believe that their specs. are the truest (mainly due to to bringing in the aluminum into their carbon lines).

·
Banned
3,965 Posts

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
Pointy things

Carbon Express lite hunters at 410grains 27 1/4

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Just my opinion, of course, but I have been shooting the Easton ACC shafts for a lot of years. They just seem to outlast and outperform pretty much everything out there. There are cheaper, there are more expensive, but I don't think there are any that are better for all around use.

Ted
This...

Easton is the best manufacturer to me because the have the most capitol for R&D, they are always on the cutting edge with new technology, like ST and I believe that their specs. are the truest (mainly due to to bringing in the aluminum into their carbon lines).
And that...

For all-carbon- Carbon tech has been the most consistent, though I only have experience with the MIA shafts. Most of the Easton all-carbons are pretty consistent as well.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have shot several a bunch of different arrows and everytime I come back to my Gold Tip's. They are super strong and fly great and almost half the price of maximas.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
i really like victory vforce v1 arrows. they fly great and hold up good

·
Registered
524 Posts
I use Carbon Express and they have always worked well, but they are the only carbon arrow I've tried, so are they the BEST I dunno.:dontknow:

·
Registered
14,389 Posts
I have shot almost all arrows and we have broke a couple trophy ridge arrows by slamming them together and that outsert is hard as all get out to pull from target so they are not my favorite, Carbon express was a great arrow but if you take the bulldog collar off the back and slam a few together i ended up making small fractures in the back of the shaft on the maximas. They flew awesome for me though. Goldtips are a very well rounded arrow, durable, fairly consistant and a good price. Vapors i had where junk i would break them shooting into nothing. Easton is my favorite. Their axis arrows weigh good, they are very durable, they are penetrating fools and at a decent price. Their acc pro hunters are what i am shooting now and are just a very durable and super consistant arrow. Their FMJ's and the beamon classics i use out of my recurve with awesome success and they are the only manufactur of aluminum arrows still. They have light medium and heavy arrows in different spines and diameters and seem to always be leading the way in the industry. Look at what most of the pro's are shooting. Many of them are shooting easton especially overseas.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lotta food for thought here, Kinda the LESS FILLING!!!, TASTE GREAT!!! thing but I thank every body for not turning this into a argument.

Sounds like I got my work to do ,rite.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I think that the stated tolerances posted by the various companies are real close. The place that I have noticed a great difference is in the arrow component(Nocks, inserts) fit. Without consistant fitting components, the spine and straightness don't mean nearly as much. Easton hat the best component fit.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If money were no object then id be shooting the x-10 protours... but the a/c/c are what will be in my quiver come next field season

1 - 20 of 27 Posts