Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would have to say is the 2014 Alpine Fireball! It is only $429msrp! Machined aluminum riser, binary split track cams, close to 340fps ibo, and excellent customer service to boot. I had one for awhile and loved everything about it minus the limb pockets which has been fixed. These bows draw smooth, shoot quick, and tune so easy! I highly doubt you will touch another bow this nice for this price! Way to go Alpine.

http://www.alpinearchery.com/2013fireball.html

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
That's a good spec for the price. I'd like to shoot one next to the 2014 PSE drive. Everything I have shot it takes my vote for best bow under $500.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Pretty impressive specs for the price. I don't read much about Alpine, though, wrt reliability, CS, overall quality, etc. Are they pretty tough? Meet the IBO numbers?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their customer service is better than most from what I have heard and experienced. I've never heard anyone complain about alpine CS. They are very well built bows in my opinion! As far as meeting ibo, I'm not sure as I have never shot a bow through a chrono. I just don't see the purpose. I've seen people say Alpine's often exceed ibo though.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I haven't heard anything about alpine in the last few years, didn't know they were still making bows. I can't give an opinion on their bows since there are none around here to shoot. As far as best bows for the money I would have to lean towards the hoyt charger and the pse drive. If you like the alpines then that's all that counts.

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
Way too many to list but I love the Bowtech CPXL's. You can find one used for mid $500.00's.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Machined aluminum riser? Their description says 'forged riser'.

The IBO spec seems pretty impressive.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Machined from forged aluminum? Even better.
I know there are great deals in the classifieds... I've owned a couple dozen bows purchased from them lol. I've actually never bought a new bow, but new bows are what I should have specified for this thread!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I was really impressed with an Alpine Micro that I set up for one of my daughters a few years ago. It didn't look like much, but it performed very well.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I am a big Alpine fan! I have 2 Alpine Concordes and just got an Alpine Ventura for my wife. Prior to that, she had an Alpine Micro. The customer service is excellent!

·
Making it REIGN
3,794 Posts
The Mission Venture I bought for 300 bucks. Iv since sold it and upgraded to the bow I have now but for 300 bucks that was a darn good bow.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I just bought a 2012 new breed genetix with a pro v rest and almost new strings shoots great for 300 here on the classifieds....I consider that a pretty good deal.

·
seek and destroy
5,154 Posts
I just bought a 2012 new breed genetix with a pro v rest and almost new strings shoots great for 300 here on the classifieds....I consider that a pretty good deal.
I agree. Nice bows!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts