Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
GAS 'EM
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be graduating from military next sept.. and i want to know what is the best bow i can buy... will wind up with about 5 grand so anything is in my price range want to know what the best bow made is from u guys bc ima buy it lets hear it!!!!

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
You got to go to a pro shop and shoot them all and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
you just opened up the wrong can of worms, going to have arguements all over the place. i'll save you the trouble and tell you right now what everyone else is going to tell you. Go to some shops and shoot all the bows and pick the bow that you feel you're the most comfortable with.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah definitely test a few out first because even the most expensive bow may not be the right one for you, test them!

·
GAS 'EM
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive shot a z7 and the draw is rough i think but the release that the roller guard gives is amazing i want to know what other stuff is out there lemme hear it guys im young... bowhunter to the bone need to upgrade cmon

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks for serving your country. As said you need to try as many bows as possible. You might try to hook up with someone from AT in your area to have them suggest a good proshop that is very professional and carries a wide range of bows. Good luck.

·
GAS 'EM
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
smooth draw.. smoother release fast accurate and light?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Definitely agree with everyone here... It's purely preference of the shooter. Shoot them all and pick your choice, I personally happen to love Elite Archery but it's all in the chooser.

·
GAS 'EM
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you had unlimited cash for a bow what would you get i guess thats a better ?

·
Registered
770 Posts
There is a best bow for you.
It's the one with a draw length set to exactly match yours. It has a draw weight that you are comfortable with. It's the one that just feels right in your hand...you have confidence in it and practice, practice, and practice some more with.
The brand name and model is....(fill in the blank after shooting as many as you can)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
If I had cash and wanted a new bow, I'd be looking at Elite!

·
GAS 'EM
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im askin you guys.... if you had that money what bow would you buy??????

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
if you had unlimited cash for a bow what would you get i guess thats a better ?
For a out of the box NEW bow or even used I love ELITE..But A Hoyt Carbon Element bought NEW an converted to Z3 Katera cams would be at the top of my non Elite list..I aint a fan of the draw an hold feel of the Stock Fuel cams on the Carbon Element

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Since you have selflessly served your country and your username is Goathollerbucks, I have to give you my best advice. :wink: Listen to what folks have already told you...shop around and figure what is best for YOU. Archery is very personalized and mostly about what your preference is. There are a lot of really good bows on the market.

For some unsolicited advice: Your $5k bonus is yours and you clearly earned it but you may want to consider not spending too much on archery equipment. I suspect there are some really important things you may want that money for once you are home. A $500 outfit will kill deer just as dead as a $1,000 outfit. You may also want to check the AT classifieds to see what you can find there; I buy almost all my stuff there...but I'm a conservative old fart too.

Now, to that user name. You're from Indiana and using Goathollerbucks....inquiring minds want to know. How did you come up with that. I suspect you've already notice my user name. Does this have anything to do with where you live? If so, we might be able to get together and I will be happy to help you any way I can. PM me if you prefer to not go into this on the public forum.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
1st of all thank you for your service . I would go to a pro shop try a bunch of bows then I would buy a carbon element or whatever hoyt brings out this year to replace it .

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I have an Evo, and feel the draw is smooth, but stiff.

Dad has a 2010 z7 that is just buttery nice.

If I had the money, I would buy 1 of the 3:
Elite Pure
Athens Afflixtion
Martin Firecat 400

1 - 20 of 45 Posts