Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you guys opinions were on the best releases out there for hunting.
Anyones .02 will be appreciated.

·
Registered
912 Posts
While opinions will vary, i tried about six diff. ones to find the one i liked the best. and all worked fine but my preference for hunting came down to the fletcher fletch hook release. I just couldn't find anything i didn't like about it. good luck..

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
The best release is the one that fits your hand and shooting style. Everyone is different, so you have to try several and find out what works best for you. Now with that being said, I personally have tried them all.(back tensions, thumb triggers, wrist straps, etc.) I have settled on the Carter Quickie Plus as my personal favorite for a hunting situation. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Another vote for the carter quickie plus, the hook is large easy to load, nice trigger, nothing that is out there is a better wrist style release for hunting IMO

·
ebayuserid:hunting_par
1,473 Posts
Trufires for me....

I've shot them for years and I am currently shooting the Edge buckle. I have to say it is the smoothest release I have ever shot. I have also shot several scott's, truballs, fletchers, cobras and a few others I cannot remember and for me the Trufires always were better made and performed better. Just my opinion. Like everyone else said go to your proshop and shoot them all with your hunting setup and see which one feels the best. My only other advice would be to not skimp on price or quality. This is one of those items you never want to fail so make sure you get a good one.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I like the hand helds. Been using a chappy boss with a tallon head for
years. get in the stand clip it on the loop and youre ready to go. It works
for me.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Ive been using a loopmaster for years and really like it. I bought fletcher fletch hook earlier in the week and will now be using this and the loopmaster will be by backup.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I really like the Carter RX1!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I prefer a T-handle for hunting(tru ball pro diamond extreme), just clip it to the loop and forget about it until needed.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Shot the little goose for a while. I now shoot a short-n-sweet 2. I really like it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
X2 for the Fletch hook!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
The release i use and like the best for hunting is Tru Ball Pro Diamond Extreme, feels great, quiet and smooth

1 - 18 of 18 Posts