Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there for a reason.
With all tuning problems with bh's and the season literally a week away in some parts of the country, please read this thread.
It's at the top of the Bowhunting Page. Really, it's a manual for tuning bh's. Basically, anything outside this thread is irrelevant and incorrect. It's a doctrine, it really is.
If anyone is having issues tuning heads, this is THE place to start. I've seen far too many people question the tuning of bh's.
Please, for the sake of others, please read the tuning thread. If after that you are having issues, then consult the rest of the board for opinions.
The thread was stickied by the mods for very good reasons...IT WORKS.

The attached picture is with THREE different bh's..a slick trick, thunderhead and a wasp sharp shooter. This bh tuning thread works.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,240 Posts
Good thread and nice shooting. However I purposely shoot for a different spot to keep my BH from ruining another shaft or BH. That is too close for comfort for me........8^0

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Yea wow, you must love wrecking arrows! I've never shot at the same spot twice with a broadhead, nor Field points for as long as I can remember. Its just so easy to damage an arrow with a broadhead and not notice it till you shoot it and it explodes..not a good thing.

But than again I never have to retune my bow for broadheads I guess either.
But thats a great group!

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
I shot three arrows with tricks into the same spot and the broad-heads cut the carbon shafts and ruined 2 out of three arrows.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^yes, I had to refletch 2/3 of those arrows. I don't mind too much though...but it does get pricey. I like to know all of my bh's are hitting the same way...and if it costs me an arrow, ah, that's ok. Piece of mind for me. Plus, I'm trying to justify going to Bemans and I can't with all the CX's in my quiver.

·
Archery Addict
9,211 Posts
mean something like this? The first two shots were comparng Slick Tricks and Rages at 30 yards. The bottom pics were shooting Slick Tricks, Thunderheads, Muzzys, Spitfires, and Steelheads at 40 yards. I am a believer in utilizing a variety of tuning methods to achieve optimal broadhead flight. Nuts and Bolt's Sticky is a great source of info.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
But you have each of those individual spots on all of those targets..I don't get it....
I guess if I was an arrow making company thou I'd love guys like you!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ttt

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I bought my first pack of broadheads a few weeks ago, Slick Tricks. They flew great, but I noticed they were shooting a little to the right of my fieldpoints. I used the thread at the top of the page and had them all grouping in the same spot in 20 minutes. Yes, it works.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,244 Posts
Since I only bowhunt that's all I ever do. It works great and the more you do it the faster you can get it done.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yes....the sticky works and I am grateful for the info! I quickly ruined 6 arrows from the BH's cutting the vanes/shafts-oh well, I will be aiming at different spots when I get my new arrows!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts