Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting "snipped". I was hoping I could use the "rest" days resting in a treestand. Who had it done and is it possible ? If not then I will wait until after the third child "OOPS" and then get it done after the season. I know I want be able to drag it out but I have Jerry's cell number. LOL

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
You're going to have to ice them regularly, and sit on a donut cushion most of the time. That was my regimen. Talk in detail with your doctor and see what she/he says about it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just go for the full castration and you'll be able to keep your mind totally focused on hunting from now on without all the distractions that women are prone to causing.:darkbeer: :darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
903 Posts
If you do it make sure you don't go unprotected for 3 months afterwards and get your stuff checked before you go comando. I've had 2 surgeries,Right side grew back together.I found out the 1st one didn't work w/ a pregnancy test and then I took my stuff in to hear it only works 99.8% of the time. If you set at home for 48 hrs w/ Ice you should be able to hunt after that If your not a wussy and if you eat several advil.I went to gander mountain on the way home from the 2nd one before the local wore of.

Dude you are going to love the shots they give you!!!!!! Pm me afterwards and tell me what ya thoght about those shots.:confused::cry: :confused: :cry: :confused: :cry: :mad: :mad:

I do have a beautiful baby boy now!!!!! and I wouldnt trade our third child for anything..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He does the procedures on thursdays. I gather no hunting on friday then? What about saturday ? or even monday? If I can't hunt on saturday then I will probally wait til the season is over.

·
Registered
903 Posts
If you have a Thursday morning appt., you could probably hunt Sat. evening.. Stalking is out of the question but you could probably "hobble" to the stand..

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The worst thing you can do is push it.

My doc did all the snips on friday, so you could rest over the weekend. I flopped on the couch with an ice pack for 2 days. Was good to go by monday.

I would make sure you have 2-3 days with little activity, the horror stories I have heard, were all from guys working or playing without resting for a couple days.

Good luck, it's no big deal.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
The big V is on my "to do list" also. I am going to wait till this winter when I don't have anything to do on a weekend.
I hope my little swimmers don't reach their destination again in the mean time?! I have some Olympic class swimmers...............:embara: :eek:

Lien2

·
Registered
784 Posts
I took a good week off from physical activity. No sense over doing it in the first few days then suffering longer than you need to. The last thing i would have wanted to do was climb a tree two days after.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Had mine done on a thursday played softball Sat-Sun. Just take it easy first day and keep a cold pack on the boys. Sitting in a tree stand should not be a problem as long as the climb into the tree is fairly easy.
The needle and small cut not to bad, when the pull the pipes out to cut them felt like someone was trying to pull my inners out the bottom.

Have fun.

·
Banned
771 Posts
I had it done and went fly-fishing the next day.....looked like I had stuffed a volleyball down my pants by that night......NOT GOOD!!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You can sit in the stand if you want, but if you lift or drag anything heavy you will regret it.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
ShearMadness said:
I'm planning on getting "snipped". I was hoping I could use the "rest" days resting in a treestand. Who had it done and is it possible ? If not then I will wait until after the third child "OOPS" and then get it done after the season. I know I want be able to drag it out but I have Jerry's cell number. LOL
Man go get it done! I had it done in '79 and that night went and fought a 4 alarm all night fire! And yes I'll use my deer cart for your deer.....:wink:

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you do decide to hunt shortly after, make sure you have a good snug jock strap. I had mine done this spring, and as long as the boys didn't jiggle around to much i felt pretty good.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Consult your Doctor!!!

The best thing for you to do is to consult "your" Doctor.

You guys crack me up...
The next thing you know somebody is going to tell you it will be OK if you sprinkle Doe Estrus over your balls while you hunt... :eek:

AT is great for Bowhunting tips and advice on equipment, but I would have to draw the line when it comes to Medical advice and "Mr Johnson's Neighborhood" if you know what I mean. :embara:

·
Registered
240 Posts
had mine done this June. Was a wednesday and by Saturday/Sunday was moving around and doing light lifting and yard work. Didn't over do it and didn't do a damn thing from Wed to Fri. It's not that bad if you do what they tell you to.

·
Registered
949 Posts
After having mine done a year and a half ago, there is no way I would plan on hunting 2 days after. By day 4, maybe, but even then I wouldn't have wanted to climb a tree. Sitting in a groundblind would probably be doable within 3 days. I rented a pile of movies, made sure the wife and kid had plans for the weekend, and sat on bags of frozen veggies for 2 full days, off and on for the 3rd day. The tip about tight undies is right on ... as long as the boys didn't get to jigglin around too much for a couple of weeks afterward all was good. Advil will be your friend for a while.

The first shot is the fun one. :mg: :cry: I thought I was going to pass out! When they do the other side, the first shot has numbed it enough so it's not nearly as bad.

Postone is absolutely right, though. You need to check with your doctor. Mine was really helpful :rolleyes: .. "Everyone's different. You'll have to figure it out for yourself". He did recommend 3 days of little to no activity.

Good luck! ... Crayfish

1 - 20 of 28 Posts