Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Tha Bearded 1
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine sent me these pics of a huge moose. I'll calling photoshop of this. What yall think?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I saw one in short trees once, I think the photo could be real.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Wait, definitely photoshop. Look at the trees to the left and behind the moose. There are two dead trees in the first pic, and only one in the second, but the camera position hasn't changed, so we should still see both trees. Also, the dead sapling lying across the road looks different.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I think the way the light is illuminating his back and legs in both pictures rules out photoshop. It would be awefully hard to get the lighting, shading, shadows, etc. all right in the photo.

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts
No photoshop, and the moose isn't that big

It's a Maine bull who ILLEGALLY:becky: crossed the Canadian border in southern Québec. Been posted here before, and that moose probably doesn't go higher than 1100-1200 pounds live weight, and roughly 50 inches for the rack. Don't trust the trees to give you a good idea of the size...

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Wait, definitely photoshop. Look at the trees to the left and behind the moose. There are two dead trees in the first pic, and only one in the second, but the camera position hasn't changed, so we should still see both trees. Also, the dead sapling lying across the road looks different.
Naw, second photo is closer with a wider angle of lens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another classic example of a terrorist moose illegally crossing the border to launch an assaults on our freedoms here in the states. If ever there was a threat, it will come from this Canadian moose! :wink:

Awesome animal though! Wouldn't hesitate to slip on through him!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
real pics good moose but i ve seen bigger

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I think it's real. That looks like a bike path with a water bar running across it. I don't think that's a road.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Everybody shouting PHOTOSHOP is assuming that that is a "road" he is on....could be a footpath or a bike path. That is one freakin' big moose.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Nope its legit. I dealt with photoshop in my major in college and this one is real. The lighting in both are accurate and so inst the blend. usually in photoshop where you see mistakes at is where a color or piece has been "cloned" to somewhere else on the picture. This has not happened here. I believe this is a legit picture and the camera position has not changed but rotated slightly to the right to follow the animal. As for your trees, they are out of frame because of the rotation of the picture. have a nice day.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
The one I'm gonna get this fall when I go to New Foundland is going to be double that size :teeth::mg:

.....I just hope its at least 10 yards away when I shoot it so it doesn't fall on top of me

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
No photoshop, and the moose isn't that big

It's a Maine bull who ILLEGALLY:becky: crossed the Canadian border in southern Québec. Been posted here before, and that moose probably doesn't go higher than 1100-1200 pounds live weight, and roughly 50 inches for the rack. Don't trust the trees to give you a good idea of the size...
Right on!

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts
Another classic example of a terrorist moose illegally crossing the border to launch an assaults on our freedoms here in the states. If ever there was a threat, it will come from this Canadian moose! :wink:

Awesome animal though! Wouldn't hesitate to slip on through him!
Actually, it's the OTHER way around... he invaded Canada...:chortle: more meat for us:drool:

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts
The one I'm gonna get this fall when I go to New Foundland is going to be double that size :teeth::mg:

.....I just hope its at least 10 yards away when I shoot it so it doesn't fall on top of me
How about that close?

·
Tha Bearded 1
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope its legit. I dealt with photoshop in my major in college and this one is real. The lighting in both are accurate and so inst the blend. usually in photoshop where you see mistakes at is where a color or piece has been "cloned" to somewhere else on the picture. This has not happened here. I believe this is a legit picture and the camera position has not changed but rotated slightly to the right to follow the animal. As for your trees, they are out of frame because of the rotation of the picture. have a nice day.
Wait....You got schools in WV? :D

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Look a new type of moose lick!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts