Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't buy from the bow rack in oregon. Some of you may remember the poblems I had with them back in Feb/Mar. Well, I mailed them the strings back, UNUSED, and was told by the owner that they would creidit back to my account. Well, after 3 months, it still hadn't been credited back to my account. I called and talked to the owner again and was told he'd take care of it. He did all right. HE CHARGED ME FOR IT AGAIN! Now, I have been charged $76.00 for this string TWICE and it was sent back to them 4 months ago. When I called him back and asked why they had charged me for it again, he said " it's not our fault, it's the credit card company's, we credited it back". I know there are a few from Oregon that'll jump on here and tell what a great guy he is and that he'll do anything for you, just like they did the last time. Save your time and let him prove it to me. I'm unemployed right now and I need that $152.00. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to set the record straight on Mr. Jeff Holder's string order on March 14. Mr. Holder Ordered, and I quote, " I would like to get a set of winners choice strings/cables for a Mathews Conquest. The string is 97 7/16, and the buss cable is 43". The order was mailed ASAP. Mr. Holder called me after recieving the strings. After some discussion I discovered that his cam had been changed to a standard size Max cam. His bow needed a 103 3/4" string and a 44" buss. The mini max string and buss were returned and the correct strings mailed out. Some time passed and a friend informed me thats someone on a talk thread was writing that The Bow Rack had mailed him the wrong strings twice. I looked up Mr. Holder's number and asked him why he slandered us on the net when we had sold him exactly what he had asked for on both orders. Jeff's answer was the draw was too long so he shortened it up by placing the string post to the shortest string post - and it would not make weight. I informed Jeff that by placing the string on the shortest post it would drop the peak weight of the bow about 8 pounds. Thes was no fault of the string. Jeff agreed that he would retract what he had written on the net because he had no knowledge of the effects of wheel timing or setting the bow up to his correct draw length. He made no correction. Days later he called and stated that he sold his bow because it was too long of draw for him. He had removed the strings and wanted a full refund. We refunded his money.

I install over 6,000 strings a year both on single cams and two cam bows. Wheel timing, idler wheel lean, correct axle to axle length, and brace height distance and cam positioning are all factors that are important for tuning and accuracy with broad head flight. Mr. Holder wants me to prove something to him. Hopefully by this thread I have demonstrated good customer service. I shipped what he wanted then refunded without question. Even though it was the lack of knowledge on his part. After 13 years of owning an archery pro shop, I love archery and bow hunting more each day, and we are working as hard as we can to be the best at what we do. It's a joy and a blessing to have such a great customer base. Jeff Im sorry if your unhappy, if you'd walked in our shop we would have changed out your cam and worked with you to make sure the bow would have fit you.

Thank you,

Wayne Endicott
The Bow Rack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts