Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just came back from shooting the New Scepter lll Elite, Fury X I bought from Mike at Brite site. It's one of two brand new bows he had. I had always wanted a Martin Scepter as a Back up to my Bowman Accuriser ll. So I was'nt expecting what the Slll had in store for me. I set it up with a new Berry String and cables with the long axles, and got to the range to see what this bow shot like. Within the first 10 minutes I knew I had made a mistake in buying this bow as a back up. After 30 minutes the bow had taught me so much about shooting that I knew it had become #1 bow in the stable. It feels smoother then My Bowman (even though I swore that could'nt be). The 65% letoff Fury X cams feel as if I was holding less weight then My Bowmans 75% Wedels. The bow almost felt like a feather compared to the Bowman also. I found I could stay focused on target much longer with the Sll.
Within the first 10 shots I was destroying my Magnocks.
I feel bad for the Bowman because I can't justify having two different brands of bows and only shooting the one. As much as I thought that the Bowman was the ultimate shooting machine, I have to eat some crow and admit that the Scepter lll has eclipsed it in my eyes. I still do believe that the Bowman Accuriser is one of the finest bows in the world, it's just that the Scepter lll fits me better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
How much did you pay for the Martin? Also, what rest do you have on that bow? I can't tell from the angle shown.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
RIGHT ON!!!

Yes, HV, my son..... come in out of the rain and sit by the fire a while......;)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
HV

Noel,

That is a beauty for sure. :) Welcome to the family ;) That Silver ANTS looks sharp against the platinum color too!

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Guys I still have the twin bow septer III for sale. The rest that is on the one in the picture is a protuner rest. THe finest there is.
nole, i told you would like the bow. good luck & keep on shooting Martin

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Noel,

How could you switch from the Rolls Royce to a Chevy ? :(
Just kidding; if you feel more comfortable with the Scepter III than that's what you should shoot. ;)
As for me, I like the feel of a heavy bow and construction of the Bowman. :)

Sag.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saggitarius

Your right about the analogy. I went form a heavy luxury model like the Rolls to a high performance model like the Corvette. both are great, it just depends on your the amount of muscle you want to exert.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Beautiful rig.

The red/black cables really set off the look of the Platinum. I love it! Hope the new bow shoots great for you Noel. See you at Flying Arrow this winter for the 450 league.:)

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
HV

If you really want to have a nice looking bow try blue and silver. I had them on my 01 Ultra Tec. Man was she pretty. I miss her.
You can't see the strings but trust me it looked good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts