Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The pugs keeper
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have shot easton axis for a couple years now. Love them but my budget is getting a little tight. What beman is the closes to the axis. I really like the small arrow design so want to try and stay with that. My internet connection is dang slow, i tryed to compare online but it took half a day and still didnt get anywhere. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
...the Beman Team Realtree "MFX" shaft is the Beman equivalent to the Easton Axis...

...great shaft as well...

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
...OOH, the Beman MFX "Classic" would also be equivalent...

...it is a carbon shaft that looks like it made of WOOD:mg: ...pretty cool...lots of traditional guys use those!!...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I'm currently trying out Beman's MFX Team Realtree arrows. They have the same tolerance as Easton Axis but a few bucks cheaper in cost.

So far I like them and have 6 completed arrows that weigh within .2 grains of each other. I'm very impressed with that along with they are grouping under 4" at 40 yards so far with Gateway Rayzr feathers.

I'm shooting the 400s in a 28.5" shaft (402 total grains w/100 grain field point)
Mathews Switchback LD 29.5" set at #60

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I have been using the Beman's for a few years now. First they were the Black Max and now they are the Team Realtrees. They are great arrows and a much better price than the Axis. They are not identical though, but pretty darn close. Depending on which Axis you are trying to replace the weights are just a bit different.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
yes, the MFX and MFX classics both look like they are as similar as you are going to get as the AXIS arrows.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
you should be able to find really good deals on the old axis (non nano tube stuff)...

I bought a guy's last 3 dozen the other day cause it was such a good deal.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I got a dozen MFX realtrees last year and used them for hunting, with no troubles. They were about $10 cheaper than the axis. :wink:

·
The pugs keeper
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the info. Will have to check out the mfx. and yes i know they are the same company, thats why i want to go with a cheaper version of the axis, which is why i was looking for the beamans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts