Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new toy. Its my first Hoyt, a Faktor 34. I have to say this is the best overall bow that I have ever shot, of any bow. Notice I said that I have ever shot, if you have something else that you enjoy, then enjoy it . Here's some pics.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

·
Registered
788 Posts
Sweet rig! I just ordered the 3 pin BG Ascent. How do you like it? Also, what part of CO do you elk hunt? I'll be near Rangely at the end of September.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the ascent. The only problem I've had with it is that I need a longer windage bar, I can't get the sight far enough left. But its ordered. I got the 2 .019 pins and three .010. I need a light for the forty yard pin indoors, but outdoors in sunlight their all bright. I'll probably be hunting somewhere in west south west co. Not sure yet, but it will be over the counter, I didn't get a tag.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
That is an awesome elk/Western bow set up. I am shooting a Hoyt Maxxis 31 now and it is a good bow, but I wish it were more like 33" to 34" ATA. Is the TT Smackdown tuning OK? There is a guy on here who tunes bows and is a big Hoyt guy and he is saying he cannot bareshaft tune the new Hoyts with the Smackdown?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rest seems to tune ok so far. The elevation is almost maxed out, but shooting good so far. I haven't broad head tuned yet but I guess I could move my knock point if I need to, I'll find out about that in a week or two. I haven't bare shaft tuned but shooting bullet holes at 5, 10, and 15 yards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts