Archery Talk Forum banner

8061 - 8080 of 8138 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
One more question. I will be using 452X. Single color Fluorescent Green. How many strands do I need for the string and control cable as well as the short uni buss cables? I have the Pse string specs download but it doesn't tell me what the factory strings are made of and how many strands.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One more question. I will be using 452X. Single color Fluorescent Green. How many strands do I need for the string and control cable as well as the short uni buss cables? I have the Pse string specs download but it doesn't tell me what the factory strings are made of and how many strands.
Hi You will need 24 strands for string and cables and 16 strands for uni bass hope this helps you out regards brett

·
Registered
345 Posts
Any good brand and size suggestions for heat shrink? I'm using some stuff from Home Depot but it's not quite shrinking down to the string diameter and I dont think the durability is there. I want to get some custom order stuff so I can brand my strings. I figured the think tank here could point me in a good direction.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any good brand and size suggestions for heat shrink? I'm using some stuff from Home Depot but it's not quite shrinking down to the string diameter and I dont think the durability is there. I want to get some custom order stuff so I can brand my strings. I figured the think tank here could point me in a good direction.
Does anyone use a heat shrink with glue? Not sure how the string would like it, but when I work with electrical stuff it makes great connections.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,200 Posts
You want 1/4", 3 to 1 ratio. I buy from Electriduct on ebay or Amazon. Not sure on who does printing.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,200 Posts
Does anyone use a heat shrink with glue? Not sure how the string would like it, but when I work with electrical stuff it makes great connections.
I know some builders use the adhesive lined shrink wrap without issue.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You want 1/4", 3 to 1 ratio. I buy from Electriduct on ebay or Amazon. Not sure on who does printing.
Awesome! Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
I know some builders use the adhesive lined shrink wrap without issue.
I use adhesive lined with no problems. I remember seeing a few big name builders say to use it so I did. I like it much better than the peep tubing I used to use.

·
Registered
20,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,074
You might contact these guys. I know the owner has done some custom shrink tube printing for some builders in the past. Not sure if he's still doing it though. Second To None Bowstrings and Archery Supplies

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
20,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,079

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Looks good. Some professional builders charge extra for that
After going through it I can understand why. I thought about using some extra golf tees to keep the pinstripe out, which in hindsight I guess I should have. What I did was tie some serving material to it. After I initially stretched it I relaxed it and pulled the pinstripe out in places it tucked back in.

Are most guys using just 2 strands (one on each side) for the layup process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8061 - 8080 of 8138 Posts