Archery Talk Forum banner

8101 - 8120 of 8140 Posts

·
Registered
Elite Ritual 35, Mathews Traverse & V3 31
246 Posts
Just finished my first one. 24 strands of 452x and .014 powergrip for the end serving .018 for the center. Plenty of room for improvement but this is probably the most satisfying thing I’ve made in a while.
Mike

·
Registered
20,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,102
Just finished my first one. 24 strands of 452x and .014 powergrip for the end serving .018 for the center. Plenty of room for improvement but this is probably the most satisfying thing I’ve made in a while.
Mike View attachment 7347856
Good job. The twist rate looks pretty even. That's something that you'll see vary a lot, even among professional builders. I believe that one of the things that separates a high volume builder to a custom or "hobby" builder is the attention to detail and the twist rate of each individual piece is a detail that many overlook.

·
Registered
20,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,105
Is NWSpinner still in business? I tied clicking on the website a few times and it just times out in me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
b0w_bender is his name on here. Might try sending him a PM.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Trying my first go at served end loops

So do I add my twists and then serve the end serving as normal, or do I have to close it first?

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,229 Posts

So do I add my twists and then serve the end serving as normal, or do I have to close it first?

No need to close. Twist and serve. What material is that?

Edit: it looks like you melted the ends. This might show as little bumps when you serve over it. I just pull mine tight and clip without melting.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
No need to close. Twist and serve. What material is that?

Edit: it looks like you melted the ends. This might show as little bumps when you serve over it. I just pull mine tight and clip without melting.
It’s bloodline 99

And thanks for the tip on not burning the ends

Also. Is this too tight of a twist ratio? My first measurement was long so I had to add twists

·
<------Reese
15,229 Posts
It’s bloodline 99

And thanks for the tip on not burning the ends

Also. Is this too tight of a twist ratio? My first measurement was long so I had to add twists

I think you'll be ok as long as the peep doesn't twist on you. Did you use Bloodline's calculator?

What serving did you use for the loops?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I think you'll be ok as long as the peep doesn't twist on you. Did you use Bloodline's calculator?

What serving did you use for the loops?
I didn’t do the bloodline calculator exactly. I have a homemade jig and I broke one of the pins at one point. So I have to build it on a 3 post setup. So I was trying to do some math and I messed up somewhere.

My end loops were served with Spectra .008

·
Registered
354 Posts

How do you like the Bloodline 99? I've only ever used the VEC-99 and I love it.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I've seen twist rate multiplayers from .5 - 1 per inch. Very common multiplayers used are .67 and .75 per inch which are pretty much middle of the road, so if you need to add or subtract a few twists, no biggie.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Reactions: Perry24

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Is NWSpinner still in business? I tied clicking on the website a few times and it just times out in me?

Ya I had some issues with my server it was a 12 year old laptop that died when we had a recent power failure but it should be back up now on a shinny new PC.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Ya I had some issues with my server it was a 12 year old laptop that died when we had a recent power failure but it should be back up now on a shinny new PC.
I should buy a second one just in case. Your spinner has been one of the best tools I have ever bought.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Got a question about making end servings at the loops. While serving towards the end loop when I get to the end where the loop starts to spread I loosen the string jig tension to about 100 pounds and also loosen the serving jig tension while I finish the serving. I do pull tight on the serving jig while finishing up the run. Is this the recommended way of doing this? I have slight serving separation in this area on one of the cables I just made and was wondering why. Thanks

·
<------Reese
15,229 Posts
Is this on your Reckoning? That s-turn is brutal on serving.

I don't take tension off the string, but do back off tension on the serving jig.

8101 - 8120 of 8140 Posts